Page 1 of 1
Live Trapping
Posted: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 23:29:50
by Eagle4second
Ok gents, lets talk cat trapping. My neighbors have about, I don't know, fifteen cats that live in MY yard. My new (female) roommate insists on feeding the mangy things and now they're coming up on our porch and they try to come in the house.
My plan is to get a coon trap and catch them and tag 'em. I want to find some tiny little ear tags - the ones you put on cows and great whites etc.- and tag them. Not to hurt them, just for fun
Any suggestions?

Re: Live Trapping
Posted: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 23:43:08
by allingeneral
might be better off just to call the local animal control, tell them your story and let them remove all of the cats from your property for you. Not quite as fun, perhaps, but gets the job done.
Re: Live Trapping
Posted: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 23:47:54
by Eagle4second
Yeah, thats true. I'll make a call this week. Not as fun and eliminates the 'need' for a suppressed Walther .22 ...
Re: Live Trapping
Posted: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 07:05:07
by GS78
Eagle4second wrote:Yeah, thats true. I'll make a call this week. Not as fun and eliminates the 'need' for a suppressed Walther .22 ...
Did you know that Jeffrey Dahlmer used to toture animals for "fun" too? Shooting cats, even ferrel cats will get you a felony conviction, and then you can kiss your dreams of a surpressed anything away for good. I realize you are most likely talking out of your azz, but if you are going to go to the trouble of trapping these cats, contact a local rescue operation,(animal care society) and they will likely take the cats and have them spayed so the population of them can be controlled.
Re: Live Trapping
Posted: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 16:49:39
by Eagle4second
Wow, we went from trying to keep nuisance animals out of my yard to sadistic serial killer a little too quickly I think. When did I say I wanted to torture anything? Regardless, I didn't know it was a felony to shoot a cat. Had I, I wouldn't have even joked about it because I don't advocate law breaking. Sorry for being facetious. Besides the fact that there are probably laws about firing a gun in a neighborhood like mine any way, it would simply be unsafe to shoot anything in a residential community.
I didn't mean to offend anybodies sensibilities. I thought the topic of "cat trapping" was flippant enough to not be taken so seriously.
Re: Live Trapping
Posted: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 17:01:20
by Vahunter
Cats that live outside kill song birds, rabbits and squirrels and about anything else they can torture by playing with it until it dies. Feral or domesticated I try to save all the little animals I can by eliminating them. So Eagle you won't here me complain about killing them. Just don't get caught.

Re: Live Trapping
Posted: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 18:14:21
by zephyp