Page 1 of 1

New grips for an old pistol

Posted: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 18:13:08
by Jim
I have a 1917 Colt New Service revolver that was made in 1917 for the WWI war effort. I did some research on it a few years back and found out it was sent to Britain where it was proofed and then was issued to an unidentified officer that carried it into France. That's as far as I got.
I just received a new repro set of Colt black rubber grips for it. It came with the original checkered wood combat grips. I just might put the old girl back in service and carry it as a sidearm.

Re: New grips for an old pistol

Posted: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 19:34:13
by OakRidgeStars
That would make a cool sidearm, but.....

Image

Re: New grips for an old pistol

Posted: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 20:49:00
by coltman
You are gonna LOVE that revolver, if you don't already.