Page 1 of 2

Staunton Shoot'n Greet

Posted: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 18:31:51
by herohog
Staunton Shoot n' Greet

Sunday - March 29'th

Sunday - May 31'th

Sunday - July 26'th (this event may be moved to Saturday the 25’th)

Sunday - September 27'th

Sunday - November 29'th

As always, the event will take place at the Hite Hollow shooting range at George Washington National Park, http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/gwj/northriver/ ... llow.shtml and will run from 11:00am to 3:00pm.

Staunton Shoot'n Greet Picture/video

Posted: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 20:54:57
by herohog
I made a video of the Shoot n Greet we had today and posted it on YouTube.

Re: Staunton Shoot'n Greet

Posted: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 21:01:34
by Moccasin
Ummm, did I miss something with the dates for the shoot & greets? Today isn't listed on the initial post.

Re: Staunton Shoot'n Greet

Posted: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 21:08:52
by herohog
A lot of folks wanted a Saturday shoot so it was shifted. There is a post here somewhere about it.

Re: Staunton Shoot'n Greet

Posted: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 21:30:28
by herohog
Just for fun...

Re: Staunton Shoot'n Greet

Posted: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 22:28:53
by zephyp
Well I missed it too. Had no clue, but did get in some range time anyway with Young. Are we still a go for 27 Sep at Staunton?

I had suggested we move the one scheduled for 27 Sep to mid October since we've got the picnic scheduled for 26 Sep. I think Rick wants to maintain the current schedule though.

Re: Staunton Shoot'n Greet

Posted: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 19:50:04
by moss20
Is there still a shoot'n greet in Staunton on the 27th?

Re: Staunton Shoot'n Greet

Posted: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 11:54:51
by meadmkr
I'm hoping that it is..... I won't be able to make the picnic as I'm having a wisdom tooth pulled the day before so won't be talking/eating much. I'm just hoping the weather holds and the mouth feels well enough to drive down and shoot for a while. :roll:

Cheers
Chris

Re: Staunton Shoot'n Greet

Posted: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 12:03:19
by zephyp
meadmkr wrote:I'm hoping that it is..... I won't be able to make the picnic as I'm having a wisdom tooth pulled the day before so won't be talking/eating much. I'm just hoping the weather holds and the mouth feels well enough to drive down and shoot for a while. :roll:

Cheers
Chris
Chris, As far as I know the 27 September shoot and greet at Staunton is still on for those wishing to attend.

Hope everything comes out ok at the dentist - no pun intended.

dk

Re: Staunton Shoot'n Greet

Posted: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 07:43:58
by meadmkr
How many folks are heading to the S&G later this morning? My in-laws are here this weekend for the Mrs' bday but I'm trying to steal away for a few hours. Had the upper-right wisdom tooth pulled Friday so skeet it out for today but still would love to get a bit of range time in.

CW

Re: Staunton Shoot'n Greet

Posted: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 17:26:02
by herohog
We REALLY wanted to go but I am simply not up to it today. Sorry guys. Hopefully next time. Working a show the day before proved to be too much for me to do the shoot too.

Re: Staunton Shoot'n Greet

Posted: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 20:55:48
by zephyp
Me too. The picnic and this back to back is a little much and I've got a lot to do to get ready to move. I'm hoping to make the next one in November but we're going to AL for Thanksgiving and havent set dates yet. I may try to get one together before then or the week after if anyone is interested. I'll have to dodge a move, Thanksgiving, and deer season.

Re: Staunton Shoot'n Greet

Posted: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 21:08:46
by allingeneral
zephyp wrote:I've got a lot to do to get ready to move.
Do you need a hand with anything?

Re: Staunton Shoot'n Greet

Posted: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 21:12:14
by zephyp
allingeneral wrote:
zephyp wrote:I've got a lot to do to get ready to move.
Do you need a hand with anything?
As a matter of fact I do, thanks for asking. Was going to talk to you yesterday and do several other things but got caught up in the socializing. I'll send you a PM. I've pretty much got everything under control but do need a couple of items.

Shoot'n Greet - November 29'th role call ?

Posted: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 06:39:28
by meadmkr
I missed the last ones but am planning on coming down from the Sterling area for this one. Anybody else making the trip on the 29th?

Bringing a pair of upgraded 10/22s (22lr & 17M2) that I want to try at more than 25 yards(local range) along with a few other toys.

Other than a lot of ammo / targets what else should one bring to this?

Cheers
Chris

Re: Staunton Shoot'n Greet

Posted: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 07:53:58
by zephyp
I'll be in sunny Alabamy enjoying some time with mom and family so I wont be able to make it on the 29th.

Re: Staunton Shoot'n Greet

Posted: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 23:44:56
by cigarmanva
just found this site a few days ago and I just found this post, I'm think I'm gona be in western pa at that time but I'm not I'd love to attend

Re: Shoot'n Greet - November 29'th role call ?

Posted: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 00:13:53
by moss20
meadmkr wrote:I missed the last ones but am planning on coming down from the Sterling area for this one. Anybody else making the trip on the 29th?

Bringing a pair of upgraded 10/22s (22lr & 17M2) that I want to try at more than 25 yards(local range) along with a few other toys.

Other than a lot of ammo / targets what else should one bring to this?

Cheers
Chris

I'm going to make it to this one. Bring some cardboard to mount your targets on.

Re: Shoot'n Greet - November 29'th role call ?

Posted: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 22:30:34
by jdonovan
meadmkr wrote: Anybody else making the trip on the 29th?
A'yah. I'm planning on being there... anyone have a gee I've always wanted to try an XXXXXX" list?

Perhaps one of the other attendees might be able to get you some time on something before you put down coin on something.

I'm planning on a few of my bigger recoiling toys making the trip. :)

Re: Staunton Shoot'n Greet

Posted: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 22:37:15
by herohog
I will be there but Terri Probably won't. She is still recovering from Friday's hernia repair.