Page 1 of 1

Micro 9mm suggestions

Posted: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 15:27:35
by student
I'm considering a "pocket" 9mm. If I'm sticking a pistol in a pants pocket, I'm personally wanting one with manual safety. Even with a pocket hostler. I understand others feel comfortable without one, but me personally I want a safety. I'm having trouble finding them. I've found the Sig P938 and the Kimber Solo. Both are pretty pricey guns. Are there any others that you are aware of?

Re: Micro 9mm suggestions

Posted: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 19:54:44
by MarcSpaz
There is the Ruger LC9. I had one for awhile. It was decent. My hands are too big for it or I would have kept it. I would be a bit more prone to carry a G43 or the SIG. G43 doesn't have a manual safety though.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Re: Micro 9mm suggestions

Posted: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 22:59:14
by Jon
Aside from the two you mentioned the Shield and LC9 that Mark mentioned are the only ones that come to mind.

I carry a LC9s IWB because I'm not a fan of pocket carry. Although many folks claim to pocket both the Shield and LC9's.

Although it's possible IMHO both guns are on the large size to pocket carry. Something like a LCP would be more suited.

Re: Micro 9mm suggestions

Posted: Sun, 01 Jan 2017 00:25:11
by smltooner
I pocket carry an LCP everyday, but it doesn't have a safety.

Re: Micro 9mm suggestions

Posted: Sun, 01 Jan 2017 12:58:56
by student
MarcSpaz wrote:There is the Ruger LC9. I had one for awhile. It was decent. My hands are too big for it or I would have kept it. I would be a bit more prone to carry a G43 or the SIG. G43 doesn't have a manual safety though.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
I had the LC9 for a bit. It's a bit larger than what I was looking for. The main reason I got rid of it was having the safety on would lock it up completely. You couldn't rack the slide when the safety was on. I didn't like that

Re: Micro 9mm suggestions

Posted: Sun, 01 Jan 2017 13:07:24
by student
Jon wrote:Aside from the two you mentioned the Shield and LC9 that Mark mentioned are the only ones that come to mind.

I carry a LC9s IWB because I'm not a fan of pocket carry. Although many folks claim to pocket both the Shield and LC9's.

Although it's possible IMHO both guns are on the large size to pocket carry. Something like a LCP would be more suited.
I have the shield. I can get it in a jeans pocket, but it's not quick, easy, or comfortable. If I was wearing something more loose fitting with bigger pockets I could probably make it work better.
Not that I'm wearing "skinny jeans" :hysterical:

Re: Micro 9mm suggestions

Posted: Mon, 02 Jan 2017 21:33:53
by FiremanBob
The best choice, not considering cost, is the SIG 938. It's the only truly pocketable 9mm. The Kimber Micro 9 is a little bigger. You can find a 938 on Bud's for under $700.

Don't rule out a .380. With the new high-performance hollowpoints available now, it's quite effective at SD distances. The Glock 42 is an outstanding, easily pocketable example and with the Pearce +1 mag extension is very comfortable to shoot. My local shop sells the Kimber Micro 380 for $549; the SIG 238 is about $100 higher.

The Sticky pocket holster is excellent. Very low profile, prevents printing, and it really does work during the draw.