Page 1 of 1

VA-ALERT: Amanda Chase's bill blasts out of Senate!

Posted: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 14:42:02
by OakRidgeStars
VA-ALERT: Amanda Chase's bill blasts out of Senate!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Not yet a Virginia Citizens Defense League member? Join VCDL at: http://www.vcdl.org/join-VCDL
----------------------------------------------------------------------
VCDL's calendar: http://www.vcdl.org/events
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Abbreviations used in VA-ALERT: http://www.vcdl.org/help/abbr.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------
VA-ALERT archives: http://www.listbox.com/member/archive/727/=now
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Good news! With your help Amanda Chase’s SB 677, allowing for localities to offer free CHPs, blasted out of the Senate by 32 to 8 a few minutes ago!

Thanks to all of you who responded to VCDL’s urgent action alerts today - over 500 people responded in support of the bill in an hour.

Senator Chase was given a hard time by her fellow Republicans about the bill, with crazy reasons given to not support it. At first I was scratching my head, then I realized (duh) that this was an “initiation right,” as this was FRESHMAN Senator Chase’s first CONTESTED bill to reach the Floor. She got a standing ovation from both sides on her first contested bill getting passed out of the Senate.

SB 677 now heads to the House for consideration.

Voting to support gun owners:

Alexander, Black, Carrico, Chafin, Chase, Cosgrove, Dance, DeSteph, Dunnavant, Edwards, Favola, Garrett, Hanger, Lewis, McDougle, McEachin, McPike, Miller, Newman, Norment, Obenshain, Petersen, Reeves, Ruff, Stanley, Stuart, Sturtevant, Suetterlein, Surovell, Vogel, Wagner, Wexton


Voting against gun owners:

Barker, Deeds, Ebbin, Howell, Locke, Lucas, Marsden, Saslaw



***************************************************************************
VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
(VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.

VCDL web page: http://www.vcdl.org [http://www.vcdl.org/]

Re: VA-ALERT: Amanda Chase's bill blasts out of Senate!

Posted: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 16:29:42
by AlanM
Write, right, rite.
Your odds of being correct were 1 in 3.
You didn't make it.

Happens to me all the time. :whistle:

Re: VA-ALERT: Amanda Chase's bill blasts out of Senate!

Posted: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 19:43:26
by OakRidgeStars
AlanM wrote:Write, right, rite.
Your odds of being correct were 1 in 3.
You didn't make it.

Happens to me all the time. :whistle:
OK, I'll ask... huh? :dunno:

Re: VA-ALERT: Amanda Chase's bill blasts out of Senate!

Posted: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 19:46:31
by SHMIV
"Initiation Right" should have been "Initiation Rite".

I didn't catch it, either, at first.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Re: VA-ALERT: Amanda Chase's bill blasts out of Senate!

Posted: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 19:52:08
by OakRidgeStars
Ah, I gets it now. :mrgreen:

I'm glad I only copy and paste it from the alert email. :whistle:

Re: VA-ALERT: Amanda Chase's bill blasts out of Senate!

Posted: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 07:54:44
by AlanM
right = correct
rite = ritual
wright = a maker
write = to inscribe

I missed one. :doh:

Re: VA-ALERT: Amanda Chase's bill blasts out of Senate!

Posted: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 23:58:02
by SHMIV
Random question; do you have to apply for a CHP in your home county, or could I, for example, apply for one in James City County if I actually lived in York County?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Re: VA-ALERT: Amanda Chase's bill blasts out of Senate!

Posted: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 09:38:43
by OakRidgeStars
From the VSP: http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_Res ... ealed.shtm
Virginia Resident Concealed Handgun Permits are issued by the circuit court of the county or city in which the applicant resides. Please contact the applicable court for specific instruction on the application process.