Page 1 of 1

Replacement Recoil Springs (SIG P-226)

Posted: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 01:34:43
by jadedone4
Can anyone recommend replacement recoil springs? I have a SIG P-226, but mostly interested in quality brand/manufactures, as I can more than likely find the size for the SIG.

Any major differences between the brands, OEM, etc...? There are a few "kits" which include upgrades on the springs and pins; any recommendations...?

First order is getting to a local shop and getting a replacement spring - this is the daily carry was the OEM at purchase - looks like it "twisted" off and snapped. Any folks here have similar experiences...? The SIG is about 6mos old, with +/- 4k rounds through it - this is the first "issue" that I have had with it.

Re: Replacement Recoil Springs (SIG P-226)

Posted: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:30:20
by allingeneral
If you are the original owner and it's 6 months old, it might be worth contacting SIG and see what they have to say about it, using the following link:

http://www.sigsauer.com/CustomerService/

Other than that, I can't offer any help. I've never owned a Sig.

Re: Replacement Recoil Springs (SIG P-226)

Posted: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:18:40
by Aroooo

Re: Replacement Recoil Springs (SIG P-226)

Posted: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:21:29
by jadedone4
Aroooo wrote:http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-parts/

I'd contact Sig first too
All - thanks for the *smack on back of head* advice about calling SIG (first); a serious "DUH" moment. I called them today, they are sending out a new spring today; also spoke to VAC about the spring (it has a "life" of about 5k/rounds and truthfully, although the gun is new - May09 - I have probably ran about that many rounds through it), aslo asked about the after-market "bells/whistles" enhancements that can be ordered - response was "save your money..." not worth it, just get the spring (VAC has em for $9) and just keep on shooting.

:thumbsup: for SIG Customer Service and for those that reminded me to to contact....