Page 1 of 1
Revolver suggestion
Posted: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 14:21:12
by BeachnVa
I am going to need to use a four inch duty/combat style revolver for a class. Any suggestions on which one to get? I carry a 226, 21, m9, etc. For the class they require the addition of a revolver as well. Thanks.
John
Re: Revolver suggestion
Posted: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 16:19:32
by ProShooter
What exactly do you mean by "combat style" ? What is the exact need? That may help to answer the question.
Re: Revolver suggestion
Posted: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 10:03:32
by newdovo
I like the Ruger GP100. The model KGP-141 is stainless, adjustable rear sight, 4" barrell, .357 mag. Over the last couple of years, the stock gun has Hogue grips with finger grooves. The older style grips with no grooves and wood inserts are nice, too (and better looking IMHO).
Parry
Re: Revolver suggestion
Posted: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 11:37:49
by zephyp
GP-100 is a decent gun. Nice shooter and you swing from .38 to .357. Also comes with a shorter barrel than the one in the pic I think.
Re: Revolver suggestion
Posted: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 10:50:02
by Chuck380
I have a GP-100 stainless with old style grips and 3" barrel. It's a good shooter and one of my favorites. A friend recently bought a 4" blue GP-100 after trying mine and he prefers the 4" better in terms of balance and recoil. I've since bought a S&W 686 and found it impressive. I think either would serve you well.
Re: Revolver suggestion
Posted: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 13:45:56
by Palladin
Might be overkill, but this is what I'd want...
http://www.americanrifleman.org/Article ... =1&id=1566
and do a google image on that puppy Smith & Wesson TRR8
Re: Revolver suggestion
Posted: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 18:34:12
by OakRidgeStars
I like it, but it's missing one thing...
