How do I change my CCW address?
Posted: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 20:34:23
I just moved from Chesapeake to Suffolk and have no idea how to change my address on my CCW. Do have to suffolk and reapply all over again?
Freedom Isn't Free - Buy a Gun.
https://vagunforum.net:443/phpbb/
VA Law wrote: § 18.2-308.011. Replacement permits.
A. The clerk of a circuit court that issued a valid concealed handgun permit shall, upon presentation of the valid permit and proof of a new address of residence by the permit holder, issue a replacement permit specifying the permit holder's new address. The clerk of court shall forward the permit holder's new address of residence to the State Police. The State Police may charge a fee not to exceed $5, and the clerk of court issuing the replacement permit may charge a fee not to exceed $5. The total amount assessed for processing a replacement permit pursuant to this subsection shall not exceed $10, with such fees to be paid in one sum to the person who receives the information for the replacement permit.
Yes, but you don't have to use your CHP. You can use all sorts of things to verify your residence such as a voter registration, car registration or even a utility bill. Since the one-gun-a-month law died a couple of years ago, I can't think of a reason why using a CHP to buy a gun from an FFL is necessary.Quigley wrote:Don't I need it to have the same address to buy a gun using it?
When you renew, it's the circuit court where you live.Quigley wrote: Also when I renew do I do it at Chesapeake office where I used to live or the Suffolk office where I live now?