Page 1 of 1

"Out of Calibration" voting machines

Posted: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 23:05:50
by PhantomPhixer
I'm just curious if anyone here has heard of ANY 'calibration' problems resulting in D being switched to R?

Every time I've seen it reported so far, the errors have been one-sided, switching R votes to D. Then again, I don't follow the liberal news blogs. Accepting the idea that machines could be broken or mis-calibrated, one would expect to see a fairly even distribution of errors.

Re: "Out of Calibration" voting machines

Posted: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 23:23:16
by SHMIV
I don't quite understand why such a machine would require calibration. It's not a machine that offers precise measurements. It simply records a selected choice. If they have built those machines in such a complex fashion that they require a calibration for reliable use, then it seems that someone SEVERELY overthought the thing.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Re: "Out of Calibration" voting machines

Posted: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 23:27:39
by grumpyMSG
So far I have heard of issues with Republican vote changing to Democrat in Illinois, Maryland and in four locations in Virginia. The VA locations are concentrated in northern VA and the beach area. I did hear of some votes in North Carolina going from Democrats to Republican.

Re: "Out of Calibration" voting machines

Posted: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 09:32:03
by Reverenddel
I would check the manufacturer for political leanings, contributions, and such... Sometimes crooks get ahead.

Re: "Out of Calibration" voting machines

Posted: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 09:34:16
by dorminWS
Reverenddel wrote:I would check the manufacturer for political leanings, contributions, and such... Sometimes crooks get ahead.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Don't forget the local election officials. Any voting machine that is capable of such a "miscalibration" should be outlawed.