Page 1 of 1

GA legislature passes ‘most extreme gun bill ever’

Posted: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 07:21:22
by AlanM
Georgia legislators pass ‘most extreme gun bill ever’

Too many great points to list here.

To show how GOOD this bill is:
Senior national policy director for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence calls this piece a legislation a “slap in the face” for victims of gun violence in Georgia.
I rest my case.

Re: GA legislature passes ‘most extreme gun bill ever’

Posted: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 12:18:45
by Taggure
Now if we could only get our Gov. to sign a bill like this one I would feel more secure for Virginia's future

Re: GA legislature passes ‘most extreme gun bill ever’

Posted: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 12:34:32
by Viper21
Opponents of the bill refer to the measure as an expansion of Stand Your Ground because it has the potential to give felons and other individuals currently banned from owning a gun permission to carry in unauthorized areas.
:hysterical: Not sure I understand their logic. Somehow, a law expanding lawful gun owners rights, somehow gives unlawful gun owners permission to carry ..?!?! LMAO.

Re: GA legislature passes ‘most extreme gun bill ever’

Posted: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 12:41:52
by Taggure
I deleted your double post for you

Re: GA legislature passes ‘most extreme gun bill ever’

Posted: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 15:44:08
by smltooner
Taggure wrote:Now if we could only get our Gov. to sign a bill like this one I would feel more secure for Virginia's future
Sounds like a good bill....in Virginia, I don't think there is a chance in hell of TMac signing such a bill.

Re: GA legislature passes ‘most extreme gun bill ever’

Posted: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 16:29:21
by Taggure
Nor I as well I think that he would just do the opposite and restrict them if he can

Re: GA legislature passes ‘most extreme gun bill ever’

Posted: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 19:28:09
by Kreutz
"Extreme"?

What does it say about me I think this is more of "a good start" and not "extreme?"

Re: GA legislature passes ‘most extreme gun bill ever’

Posted: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 19:41:46
by SHMIV
Hmm...

Probably, Kreutz, the idea was " extremely good start".

That's what I got from it.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Re: GA legislature passes ‘most extreme gun bill ever’

Posted: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 19:44:16
by FiremanBob
Too bad it doesn't include reciprocity with Virginia concealed-carry licenses.

Re: GA legislature passes ‘most extreme gun bill ever’

Posted: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 20:43:38
by MarcSpaz
That would have been nice. It is a good start.

Re: GA legislature passes ‘most extreme gun bill ever’

Posted: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 11:37:56
by Tarheelrebel
A lot of federal funds are hanging in the balance on issues like this....