Page 1 of 2

Gun control by executive order.

Posted: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 17:53:05
by dorminWS
http://www.mrconservative.com/2014/01/3 ... on-begins/

What I don't understand is how the POTUS purports to nullify a law passed by both houses of Congress and signed by a prior POTUS (HIPPA) that requires absolute confidentiality of medical records to the point that hospitals can't even tell you if someone is a patient by a mere executive order to disclose HIPPA-protected information. This isn't like the executive orders whereby he's directed that parts of laws not be enforced. He's directing that A LAW BE VIOLATED. Seems to me this represents another step up in the lawlessness and unconstitutionality of the Obamunist regime.

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Posted: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 18:47:54
by HilarityEnsues
Better find a good hiding place for my guns...

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Posted: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 20:34:12
by mamabearCali
This man is becoming more lawless by the day. What is the GOP waiting for? At minimum there needs to be resolutions and condemnations of his lawless actions.


Do they not realize that when he president of the United States usurps the law of the land in such a blatant and consistent way it undermines the rule of law for everyone. If it is now just about what the law can enforce then it becomes not about being a law a aiding citizen but about getting away with whatever you can and not get caught.


These people are so power hungry despotic narcissistic individuals that they do not seem to care if they ruin the country so long as they are at the helm.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Posted: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 20:44:36
by Swampman
What guns? :whistle:

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Posted: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 21:27:45
by bryanrheem
wow… what will be next?

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Posted: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 23:45:52
by vaeevictiss
Ya know, this Obama turned out to be a real scumbag. I really wish I didn't sell all my guns and donate the money to his campaign. >:(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Posted: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 06:13:25
by MarcSpaz
I called my doctor's office Operations Manager. Left a voice message since after not answering 6 times leads me to believe he won't... ever. I asked him if they planned on obeying an illegal Executive Order and violating current federal laws by submitting my federally protected medical information to NCIC.

Can't wait to see if he even calls me back.

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Posted: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 09:01:15
by thekinetic
Obama the despoiler at it again? My only question is to congress, WTF are yall waiting for? You've impeached presidents for faaaar less than what this depraved SOB has done! Yes biden would become temporary president but anything is better than this blackguard, this usurper, this madman!

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Posted: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 09:56:58
by Viper21
I think it would be bad for business, to say a family practice doctor. I think once stuff like this gets more publicity, & some folks actually have their guns seized, or permits revoked, many people who may have considered talking to their doctor may think otherwise. Imagine for a moment, a grieving widow...... she tells her doctor she is depressed. Next thing you know, the ATF shows up to seize her firearms..?! A situation like that would create quite an uproar in my opinion. There are lots of scenarios that could play out in a similar fashion if this type of eo is carried out to the extreme.

Then again, most people aren't very informed. So it would depend on the media coverage. Many people have no idea that firearms were seized in the Katrina aftermath, & that's been how long now..? 10yrs..?

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Posted: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 11:00:08
by exilednerd
I am physically exhausted to see that once again our government sets rules that only ban and restrict. I know I could actually get behind laws that keep guns out of criminal hands BUT would reward the Millions of safe and responsible owners. Its just my opinion, no one seems to WANT compromise.

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Posted: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 11:42:48
by dorminWS
I am reminded of one time at least 20 years ago when my long-time doc retired and his recently-acquired partner “inherited” me as a patient. The new doc was a middle eastern gentleman and I subsequently formed the opinion that he was one of those “pill pushers” that aren’t happy unless they put you on a new medication every time they see you and parted company with him. But the first visit with him was pretty weird.

He asked me something like “How do you feel about yourself?”.

Genuinely puzzled, I asked him what he was talking about.

“Well,” he said, “ do you feel good, or sad, or depressed, or angry a lot of the time? Are you happy with your life?”

I told him I didn’t think about that kind of stuff, period; and that I came to his office for a regular appointment and not to talk about my feelings or unburden my soul.

He replied that everybody had such feelings and the questions were part of his “comprehensive assessment” of me.

I told him I took life as I found it, was satisfied with it for the most part, didn’t waste my time or other peoples’ whining about what didn’t suit me, that before his question such things had never crossed my mind, and that I was done talking about it.

It was obvious this doc was taken aback by my answer and considered me uncooperative.

I assumed at the time after his subsequent attempts to get me onto more and more medications that he was presenting me with an opportunity to solicit a prescription for tranquilizers, “nerve” pills or painkillers. (I know one patient who interpreted that line of questioning as a homosexual overture) These days, I’d probably conclude that he was an Obamacare psycho-snitch. And the fact is that he’s still around and I have no doubt that he would be an enthusiastic reporter to the Obamunists under Obamacare. He’s typical of the foreign docs who tend to look down on the ignorant Hillbillies and no doubt is sure we all need him to decide what’s best for us.

I expect this to be a major danger to gun rights in the future unless something changes. Sooner or later, we will all encounter some medical issue (even if it is just old age) that could arguably impede our faculties and subject us to gun prohibition and/or confiscation. It’s going to be really important to have a doc that’s more loyal to you than the Obamunists. That’s going to be harder to do than in the past because the Obamacare mess seems to be disrupting a lot of existing doctor patient relationships.

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Posted: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 14:55:11
by ratherfish
None of this is new.
We were warned ( if we gave a crap).
We sat and watched it happen.
Much worse will happen in the future.
This is true on the federal level as well as now on the state level.

I wonder what motivation it will take to get good conservative gun folk to the polls.

IF it's not already too late. :whistle:

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Posted: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 15:18:40
by TacticalMom
I vote every chance I have. I am out there sending letters, and contacting my "representatives" however, I am beginning to think that the system is so corrupt that no mater how we vote, there is just to much money being thrown at the inept politicians that our little voices are accounting for nothing.

This makes me sick to my stomach. :coffee:

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Posted: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 17:29:49
by ratherfish
A few of us have been active but gun folk and conservatives are notoriously hard to motivate. Those on the sidelines are making it much harder given the Obama Zombies.

I really thought they had awakened last election but they had not. I'm beginning to wonder if they're dead too.

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Posted: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 17:36:44
by ratherfish
If you gave half a hoot you knew!

The idiots write books telling you who they are? Their associations are clear their entire lives...In addition WE told them!!!!!!

I agree with the nausea...

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Posted: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 18:12:33
by MarcSpaz
I left another message for the Operations Manager today and he actually called me back. I was very surprised of even that.

He said he didn't know enough about the HIPAA laws, the Executive Order, or the businesses "corporate policy" to truthfully answer my question. He said that actually have a "Privacy Policy Team" that he is going to escalate it to.

He asked that if I don;t hear from them by COB Thursday, that I call him back.

We'll see if this turns into a dodge and distract campaign, or if I get a real answer... regardless of what the answer is.

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Posted: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 12:39:03
by 0ne5hot
That's funny cause when HIPPA came out nurses and other healthcare staff would not give me (a state licensed EMT) a patient's chart without it being in a sealed envelope, and then they would refuse to give me a report on the patient that was to be transfered to another hospital/heathcare facility under my care.

The real monster to watch out for is the VA Office of EMS because about 5-6yrs ago they started a huge database that all EMS agencies are required to put in all your info (ie:name, DOB, SS#, medical history, reason for the call...ect) after every call, excluding non-emergency calls, for "statistical analysis." The system will not let you finish the callsheet without it. :tinfoil:

Others and I have tried asking them to overhaul system to not require identifying info and just go with nondescript patient language. As far as I know there has been no changes to the system.

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Posted: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 15:54:24
by Viper21
0ne5hot wrote:That's funny cause when HIPPA came out nurses and other healthcare staff would not give me (a state licensed EMT) a patient's chart without it being in a sealed envelope, and then they would refuse to give me a report on the patient that was to be transfered to another hospital/heathcare facility under my care.

The real monster to watch out for is the VA Office of EMS because about 5-6yrs ago they started a huge database that all EMS agencies are required to put in all your info (ie:name, DOB, SS#, medical history, reason for the call...ect) after every call, excluding non-emergency calls, for "statistical analysis." The system will not let you finish the callsheet without it. :tinfoil:

Others and I have tried asking them to overhaul system to not require identifying info and just go with nondescript patient language. As far as I know there has been no changes to the system.
It's all a huge information grab THAT part is for sure. The concern is what are "they" going to do with all the info. Doesn't take a very cynical person imo, to believe it won't benefit any of us. I think more times than not, the info will be used against you, in any way possible.

I was a little put off at a clinic visit last year. I had taken one of my boys to get looked at when he appeared to have broken his wrist. The initial go into a room, height, weight, etc.... diagnosis before the doc comes in, starts with a bunch of questions. All of which had absolutely nothing to do with why we were there at that moment, & frankly, I found as none of their business. I failed to see, how I heat my home as being relevant to the football injury my son had. By the time she asked me if I was on well water, or city water..... I told her with a smile... look, Im not answering all these irrelevant questions that are frankly, none of your damn business. She was a little irritated, & gave a snooty attitude from there. I asked what the info was for.... she couldn't give me an answer other than she is supposed to ask all this nonsense.

Well, it was just a sprain, & the doctor was pretty cool. Boy was fine in no time.

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Posted: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 16:30:43
by dorminWS
I just refuse to answer those "fishing expedition" questions. Last time I did that, the P.A. told me she had to complete the form before she could "initiate treatment". Part of the new electronic medical records scheme, she said. I had cut my finger and needed a stitch. I asked her:

"Are you withholding medical care to force me to answer questions unrelated to the condition? THINK VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU ANSWER THAT."

She beat a hasty retreat and came back with the ER doc, who tucked a stitch in my finger with a big smirk on his face. (this doc is my buddy and hates all that BS anyway). Of course, I'm on the board of that hospital, so maybe that's why I got away with it. The administrator told me "shame on you, you naughty boy" next time I saw him. But generally speaking, they get much more reasonable if they think you might accuse them of that.

Looks like I might need to go get a stitch right now. I was making a box to ship that park tank in, the knife slipped and I ruined a new shirt and sliced about a 2" gash in the hide on my belly. My hide will grow back, but SWMBO's gonna raise all manner of hell about that new shirt.

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Posted: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 16:33:47
by WRW
@ OneShot: Are you saying that EMS will deny service if a SS# is not given?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image