Page 1 of 1

Dude was a foot away from *how* many world leaders?

Posted: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 10:09:59
by SpanishInquisition
NBC just announced that the on stage sign language interpreter at Mandella memorial ceremony was not actually an interpreter, was making random signs, and nobody knows who he was and how he got there.

Some security there, South Africa. If he'd been deliberately infected with ebola or something, he could have taken out a *lot* of governments.

Image

Links:

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2013 ... nterpretor

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/worl ... e/3985257/

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/ ... e-20131211

Re: Dude was a foot away from *how* many world leaders?

Posted: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 13:06:09
by OakRidgeStars
Dude hasn't called me back either. I want my @#$% money back!

Re: Dude was a foot away from *how* many world leaders?

Posted: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 13:47:23
by mamabearCali
That is crazy. Who was responsible for security?

Re: Dude was a foot away from *how* many world leaders?

Posted: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 14:20:54
by OakRidgeStars
I think they let Joe Biden handle security :roll:

Re: Dude was a foot away from *how* many world leaders?

Posted: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 15:53:39
by Remek
^^^ the upside is that they got a $5,000,000/day suite in downtown Capetown!

Too bad he didn't help us fix our society.

Re: Dude was a foot away from *how* many world leaders?

Posted: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 04:44:01
by MarcSpaz
OakRidgeStars wrote:I think they let Joe Biden handle security :roll:
I did see a few guys with 410 Browning double barrels off in the wings... I think you're right.

Re: Dude was a foot away from *how* many world leaders?

Posted: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 09:03:32
by skeeterss0
now they are saying the guy was a schizophenic (sp?) and was off his meds. Too bad he didn't take care of things better.

Re: Dude was a foot away from *how* many world leaders?

Posted: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 09:46:19
by OakRidgeStars
skeeterss0 wrote:now they are saying the guy was a schizophenic (sp?) and was off his meds. Too bad he didn't take care of things better.
I see a upcoming ad for Obamacare coming out of this event.