Page 1 of 1

XDM for Concealed Carry

Posted: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 21:23:31
by LFS
I'm thinking about purchasing another pistol for concealed carry, and I'm all over the road on this decision. Anyway, the XDM sure looks like a great gun for the value, but it is full size. Is anybody using an XDM for concealed carry? If so, are you regretting it or loving it? Which holster are you using?

Re: XDM for Concealed Carry

Posted: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 22:24:42
by communicator7
That is a great choice for concealed carry. If you're looking for a small size consider the Kahr PM9 or 40, or the Glock 26. All are very reliable. Good luck on your choice. :wave:

Re: XDM for Concealed Carry

Posted: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 22:40:02
by 40shooter
I carry a Springfield XDM 40, concealed most everyday, when I'm not carrying it I carry a Glock 27. For te XDM I use a Crossbreed Supertuck Holster which I absolutely love.

Re: XDM for Concealed Carry

Posted: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 19:41:22
by Dragonfly
I have tried to carry my XDm concealed even with my Bellyband holster but it is just way too big I switched to the XD Sub or sometimes my PM9. Once it is coat and jacket season again the XDm will be back out

Re: XDM for Concealed Carry

Posted: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 20:29:02
by Vahunter
I carry an XD45, works for me.

Re: XDM for Concealed Carry

Posted: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 21:43:15
by afcomm

Re: XDM for Concealed Carry

Posted: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 03:41:40
by flowmaster
man, the XDM is a big pistol. i prefer something not only smaller but also slimmer. if you can pull it off though, go for it.

is there a law as to how many rounds can be carried in a magazine that's concealed? i thought i saw something on open-carry.org about 2 years ago stating that the max was 20rds. this was around the time that tredjbal had the searchable list for concealed permit holders in the state. the XDM9 is 19+1 so i assume you'd be at the max if that silly 20rd magazine thing is actually true.

the regular XDs and the XDMs are great because they're reliable, just a little too big for me. choose whatever you're comfortable with that is reliable.

Re: XDM for Concealed Carry

Posted: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 04:59:33
by zephyp
IANAL, but here are the only sections (below) I am aware of in VA code that restricts mag capacity for a carried/transported pistol. Note that the first is specific to certain cities and CHP holders are exempt. The other two probably arent applicable to you. Its a good idea to be familiar with all the laws concerning firearms here in VA. Rick has a link in the upper left hand corner of the page "Code of Virginia" under "Resources." Once you get to the VA page there is a link at the end of the relevant code section for you to enter a search engine.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504 ... 18.2-287.4
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504 ... 2-308.2C01
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504 ... 18.2-308.7