Page 1 of 2
Court won't hear Cuccinelli sodomy law appeal
Posted: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 16:49:45
by ShotgunBlast
WASHINGTON — The U.S. Supreme Court won't hear an appeal of a lower court ruling striking down Virginia's anti-sodomy law.
The high court on Monday refused to hear from Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli, who wanted to get the state's ban reinstated.
In March, the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond declared Virginia's law unconstitutional.
In 2005, a judge convicted William Scott MacDonald of criminal solicitation for allegedly demanding oral sex from a 17-year-old girl. His conviction occurred two years after the landmark Lawrence v. Texas decision effectively struck down anti-sodomy laws in that state and several others.
Virginia officials said the Texas ruling did not apply to sex acts between adults and minors. The lower court rejected that interpretation and justices won't reconsider that decision.
http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/state ... 0f31a.html
Re: Court won't hear Cuccinelli sodomy law appeal
Posted: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 17:13:14
by NovaHunter
Ouch, so this perv now goes free. Great....
Re: Court won't hear Cuccinelli sodomy law appeal
Posted: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 17:33:49
by SpanishInquisition
The AG had a chance to fix the problems with this law (whether you agree or disagree with some of the things it bans, it is too all-encompassing to be a viable law against pedophiles) back during his terms in the Senate and voted to keep things as they are both in committee and the floor.
Re: Court won't hear Cuccinelli sodomy law appeal
Posted: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 17:43:53
by trailrunner
NovaHunter wrote:Ouch, so this perv now goes free. Great....
It's a poor reflection on our state government that they didn't have a better law already on the books, instead of clinging to an outdated law that was bound to be declared unconstitutional - and that made virtually every adult in the commonwealth a "perv," to use your word.
Re: Court won't hear Cuccinelli sodomy law appeal
Posted: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 17:46:25
by Kreutz
Now I can commence my performance art piece tribute to Robert Mapplethorpe (working title:
Sodomy) at local schools; thanks Supreme Court!!!
I already got the Department of Education grants sorted out, yeeehaw!

Re: Court won't hear Cuccinelli sodomy law appeal
Posted: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 18:38:13
by trailrunner
Kreutz wrote:Now I can commence my performance art piece tribute to Robert Mapplethorpe (working title: Sodomy) at local schools; thanks Supreme Court!!!
The supreme court ruling wasn't about the 1st amendment, so let me fix that for you:
Kreutz wrote:Thanks to the supreme court, I won't get arrested for what I do in the privacy of my own home with another consenting adult. Thanks supreme court!
Re: Court won't hear Cuccinelli sodomy law appeal
Posted: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 19:36:25
by allingeneral
trailrunner wrote:Thanks to the supreme court, I won't get arrested for what I do in the privacy of my own home with another consenting adult. Thanks supreme court!
There are a lot of things that you aren't allowed to do in the privacy of your own home with another consenting adult.
Re: Court won't hear Cuccinelli sodomy law appeal
Posted: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 11:52:32
by ratherfish
"by SpanishInquisition » Mon, 07 Oct 2013 16:33:49
The AG had a chance to fix the problems with this law (whether you agree or disagree with some of the things it bans, it is too all-encompassing to be a viable law against pedophiles) back during his terms in the Senate and voted to keep things as they are both in committee and the floor"
Please provide the history of the law along with a viable condensed version of the legislative debate without political bias so that you don't appear to be uninformed and in the tank for the libertarians/democraps.
Frankly if it was me I'd try to use the septic tank laws to compost pedophiles if I could!
Re: Court won't hear Cuccinelli sodomy law appeal
Posted: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 14:07:26
by SpanishInquisition
ratherfish wrote:Please provide the history of the law along with a viable condensed version of the legislative debate without political bias so that you don't appear to be uninformed and in the tank for the libertarians/democraps.
This is as short as I can make it. Try to keep up. The italics are the proposed change.
http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604 ... +SB477+pdf
http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604 ... 137+SB0477
Please read and attempt to comprehend this record of legislative action without political bias so that you don't appear to be uninformed and in the tank for the the sitting AG's campaign.... or worse, a simple mindless drone.
Re: Court won't hear Cuccinelli sodomy law appeal
Posted: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 13:47:05
by ratherfish
Sorry but the same "mindless libertarian drones and impotent conservatives" that elected Obummer in Virginia will likely fall for the same line on KC. And elect McAwefull.
You made it short enough to be McAwefull fodder! Twisting truth into a lie then arguing against the lie. It has been explained to you here at length and repeatidly. Wanna include a pic of some birth control pills and shrill another lie?
Once again.....Your BJ at home is not at issue!!!!!
Re: Court won't hear Cuccinelli sodomy law appeal
Posted: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 13:57:46
by SpanishInquisition
It's right there in front of you, yet you fail to admit it. Put more INT in your SIGINT, pal.
Re: Court won't hear Cuccinelli sodomy law appeal
Posted: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 14:08:00
by ratherfish
Whatever you think of Lawrence v. Texas and sodomy laws in general, it's clear that Cuccinelli's position here has absolutely nothing to do with consenting adults or gay rights. It's about a case involving a man pushing 50 and a high school-aged girl. Oh, and the Attorney General's office is siding with an Obama appointee's ruling on the matter. Those facts aside, the McAuliffe campaign ripped Cuccinelli for playing "divisive" politics:
Stop drinking the kool aide PAL!
Re: Court won't hear Cuccinelli sodomy law appeal
Posted: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 14:19:35
by SpanishInquisition
Ratherfish, you'd better go look at the talking points document again and maybe do some cut 'n paste from them. All I see is your words, and nothing from the legislative record to back your statement.
As for your statement about the now-AG's intent, let's hear the candidate in his own words!
“ My view is that homosexual acts, not homosexuality, but homosexual acts are wrong. They’re intrinsically wrong. And I think in a natural law based country it’s appropriate to have policies that reflect that. ... They don’t comport with natural law. I happen to think that it represents (to put it politely; I need my thesaurus to be polite) behavior that is not healthy to an individual and in aggregate is not healthy to society.”- Ken Cuccinelli, Virginian-Pilot 26 OCT 2009
Re: Court won't hear Cuccinelli sodomy law appeal
Posted: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 14:35:04
by ratherfish
Wow you are the spanish inquisition.
OK I'm anti gay and should be publically hung by the thumbs???
Just what script are YOU reading off of my friend?
"Within Goldberg’s tirade, she asked how she is supposed to know that Cuccinelli hasn’t “indulged.” She also asked Cuccinelli why he is in her bedroom. After stating the questions, she raised her voice and yelled, “Get out! Get out (of my bedroom)!” In conclusion, she said that she does not remember God saying anything about Cuccinelli coming in her bedroom and telling her what to do. She verbally threatened that Cucinneslli is not going to become the governor of Virginia if he doesn’t change his ways by saying that she is going to make sure he isn’t goint to become governor of his state."
You and "whoopie" got a lot in common.
Re: Court won't hear Cuccinelli sodomy law appeal
Posted: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 14:39:02
by dorminWS
If Cooch gets caught in Whoopie Goldberg's bedroom, he's lost MY vote.

Re: Court won't hear Cuccinelli sodomy law appeal
Posted: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 14:52:28
by ratherfish
LOL
Talk about your crimes against nature!

Re: Court won't hear Cuccinelli sodomy law appeal
Posted: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 14:52:49
by SpanishInquisition
ratherfish wrote:Wow you are the spanish inquisition.
OK I'm anti gay and should be publically hung by the thumbs???
I have no idea what you are other than able to comprehend presented facts. Further, I don't care. I am tired of your blathering name calling and when it's turned on you you whine to all who will listen. Man up.
Maybe if the Republican party would have supported Bolling, there wouldn't be so many people leaving the camp. I know I wouldn't have, but here we are with a socialist, on one party, a religious zealot on another, and a guy that wants to protect more of your rights than the other two on another. I'll go with door number three.
Re: Court won't hear Cuccinelli sodomy law appeal
Posted: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 14:56:03
by ratherfish
You might care to review the name calling "simple mindless drone".
Maybe the libertarian WILL save you this time.
Who knows it COULD work.

Re: Court won't hear Cuccinelli sodomy law appeal
Posted: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 14:58:26
by SpanishInquisition
Oh, two can play this game. I simply asked that you read that stuff so that you didn't appear to be a simple mindless drone. That's the same rule of engagement you have used in the past. So you're uncomfortable with it?

Re: Court won't hear Cuccinelli sodomy law appeal
Posted: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 15:28:09
by ratherfish
Fact is we agree on most things. I'd prefer to stay in Virginia and keep my guns with no changes to the gun laws. The issue is a red herring brought up by progressive money to defeat KC who will appear in no ones bedroom.
I don't feel the need for formal rules of engagement with you but if that floats your boat, feel free.
