FiremanBob wrote:Ok. I figure that a holster that fits exactly the way you want and will actually be used for years rather than sit in the "holster drawer" is worth some time and effort, but we each have our priorities.
I know you don't know me and I don't know you, but I wasn't trying to dismiss your advice. I want quality gear, but have a custom pistol that does not fit anything out there that I know of. I'd send it to Raven Concealment but they don't have an FFL.
You also have to understand that I work two jobs and don't really have the time to drive 3 hours each way to possibly have a holster made, while I wait? I don't expect one to be made that quickly so really it'll be about 12 hours of driving since I have to leave my pistol there, then come get it.
Also, I'm a gunsmith. I have made stocks from solid blocks of wood, profiled and chambered barrels, built 1911s from the ground up, and serviced and repaired thousands of firearms. I have training and experience in welding, machining, forging my own tools, springmaking, heat treating, etc., etc.
If I can't handle making a kydex holster, I should hang up my hat, I think.
I was looking for a local place more out of convenience than necessity. I'm sure I can make a holster in fewer than the 12 hours it will take to get to Charlottesville twice. Even ifni had to make 2 holsters I'm sure I'll be better off on time and money spent.
Thank you for your advice, but keep in mind I asked for a holster maker in NoVA, which is not what you recommended.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4