Page 1 of 1
Wife's first squirrel season (fall); first squirrel!
Posted: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 23:09:25
by Mindflayer
She took it with her Rossi Circuit Judge with .410 #6. Great way to open the season!
Now I gotta do my part tomorrow and make some biscuits and gravy.
Re: Wife's first squirrel season (fall); first squirrel!
Posted: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 08:29:16
by Palladin

dinner or supper?

Re: Wife's first squirrel season (fall); first squirrel!
Posted: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 11:07:56
by Mindflayer
Dinner.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ] 
Re: Wife's first squirrel season (fall); first squirrel!
Posted: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 13:30:12
by AlanM
Snack unless you've got a dozen.
Re: Wife's first squirrel season (fall); first squirrel!
Posted: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 14:26:49
by OakRidgeStars
You never forget your first squirrel, do you?

Re: Wife's first squirrel season (fall); first squirrel!
Posted: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 18:42:14
by Mindflayer
Taggure and Dormin, I'm making fried squirrel in country gravy with bacon and biscuits. Just so you knows.
Re: Wife's first squirrel season (fall); first squirrel!
Posted: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 08:56:07
by Taggure
Sounds good what time is supper
As I was out walking my future property is was in the bottom 2 acres down by the creek and the tree rats are just running everywhere. Once I go to closing and have the title in hand I will have tree rats in the pot. There were a few of them red bushy tailed ones, but more grey than anything else. I think that the neighbors that were using the property to ATV and hunt on are not going to be too happy this year when they see it posted and me sitting in that nice permanent tree stand they built (perfect for Archery Season coming up).
Re: Wife's first squirrel season (fall); first squirrel!
Posted: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 10:40:30
by dorminWS
You inviting me and Taggure and just got one squirrel? Hope you double up on the biscuits and gravy. Might be a good idea to hold that squirrel over the gravy pan and squeeze him right hard, too. I'll bring the corn squeezin's.
Re: Wife's first squirrel season (fall); first squirrel!
Posted: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 10:43:17
by Mindflayer
I was letting you guys know since every time I asked a squirrel question, your answers were usually something along the lines of "mmmm, gravy and biscuits".
Wife was skeptical if she'd like squirrel, but she enjoyed it. Said it tasted like chicken and turkey.
Re: Wife's first squirrel season (fall); first squirrel!
Posted: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 15:00:04
by Taggure
tastes like chicken
(Someone cooked that Tree Rat right)
Glad she likes it, now get out there and shoot about 6 of them and then put them in a pot and boil the meat right off the bones, then throw in some dumplings and gravy and serve over some mashed taters. You will be crying with tears of joy after that meal. oh and don't forget the biscuits as you need something to mop up the gravy with.
Re: Wife's first squirrel season (fall); first squirrel!
Posted: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 15:45:38
by dorminWS
I thought chicken tasted like squirrel until I was most half growed.
Re: Wife's first squirrel season (fall); first squirrel!
Posted: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 13:28:25
by bryanrheem
I can't wait to own enough land (outside of NoVA) where I can git me sum squirrelz...
They are all over my neighborhood in the common wooded areas.
Maybe once my can comes in...

Re: Wife's first squirrel season (fall); first squirrel!
Posted: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 17:27:41
by Palladin
Woods are so bare of mast around here, the TRs are raiding the cornfields. We're seeing them mashed on the roads by the ears they are trying to drag back to the woods...
Guess they'll be coming for us once the farmers harvest - Great! Squirrel zombies!