Page 1 of 1

Door-to-door search for July 4th shooter ends

Posted: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 14:04:18
by tommy610
This is about the young boy who was killed by a random bullet - supposedly from July 4 "celebratory" gunfire. This article clears up a lot of questions that I had about it.

Surprising to me is how many people voluntarily handed over their guns to the police to be tested. They know whether their gun is the gun or not... do they not trust themselves to know that?

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/local ... b56e4.html

Re: Door-to-door search for July 4th shooter ends

Posted: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 07:26:30
by SHMIV
They likely handed them over voluntarily because they did not wish to appear guilty. Of course, why they would admit to owning them...

I'm not particularly comfortable with door to door request for firearms. Seems a bit too close to door to door demand for firearms for my comfort.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Re: Door-to-door search for July 4th shooter ends

Posted: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 09:50:11
by dorminWS
A door-to-door canvassing with a concomitant "request" to examine and test any firearms you may have on the premises? Yes, I agree that investigative method stinks to the high heavens. It smells like incipient tyranny. Wouldn't that be a great pretense for compiling a gun-owners database complete with ballistic info?

Re: Door-to-door search for July 4th shooter ends

Posted: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 13:10:06
by SHMIV
You know, if I was the kind of emporer to spy upon my lowly subjects, I would certainly use any tragedy (especially one that concerns the death of a child) as an excuse to collect that sort of info on gun owners.

Sure, the emporership is at the federal level, and this was more of a local thing, but it sure is interesting that the ATF so kindly assisted in that part of the investigation.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image