Page 1 of 1
Force on Force** - Handgun 120
Posted: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 13:56:58
by MDukes
September 26th you have your first opportunity to sign up for and participate in our
Force on Force, Course 120.
This course is specifically designed to
provide you with basic methodology and concepts for closing and engaging live targets,
utilizing Glock training handguns and marking rounds.
This course takes place in Silver Eagle Group's state of the art, 22,000 sq ft indoor Scenario House!
September 26th
1PM-6PM
$425
Prerequisites:
(Proof of completion from certified instructor with passing scores.)
Any Certified Handgun 101 & SEG Handgun 110
Call
571.239.5572 or E-Mail
Reservations@SilverEagle-Group.com
http://www.SilverEagle-Group.com
Re: Force on Force** - Handgun 120
Posted: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 17:09:51
by zephyp
Moved here from another topic.
Re: Force on Force** - Handgun 120
Posted: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 20:06:29
by SgtBill
I teach Force on Force also. It is called look at what you want to shoot and shoot it. And I don't charge $425.00 To me that is out of sight. Hell I teach people how to shoot anything they want to learn for nothing.
Bill
Re: Force on Force** - Handgun 120
Posted: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 21:06:29
by zephyp
SgtBill wrote:I teach Force on Force also. It is called look at what you want to shoot and shoot it. And I don't charge $425.00 To me that is out of sight. Hell I teach people how to shoot anything they want to learn for nothing.
Bill
Cant resist giving Bill a

Re: Force on Force** - Handgun 120
Posted: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 21:19:16
by SgtBill
OK, I know some people are in business to make money and I know that it is exp. to run a business, but $425.00 for a 5 Hr. class per person that work's out to $85.00 per hr. To my way of thinking this is out of sight.
Bill
Re: Force on Force** - Handgun 120
Posted: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:54:02
by BluemontGlock
Bill,
I would enjoy, and am posting an open invaitation, to have you out to the Izaak Walton League here in Loudoun anytime you can make it and would enjoy some practical training and first hand experience
from someone who has been there and done that,
there are a few people whose posts i follow based on contribution and applicabilty...you are on that list...
thank you for your continued contributions and particiaption
Very Best,
Eliot
Re: Force on Force** - Handgun 120
Posted: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 12:57:57
by MDukes
This is an all inclusive course. You aren't shooting at just targets that pop up at you in a hollow outdoor building, or turn down range; but where you are given marking rounds, protective gear and using live targets (each other), who are shooting back, in a fully furnished and dynamic environment. I'm sure you can teach some of these skills, but it wouldn't be as inclusive as this course is, or have the use of the Scenario House (pictured below) and SEG's available equipment.
Re: Force on Force** - Handgun 120
Posted: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 18:25:49
by WRW
MDukes wrote:This is an all inclusive course. You aren't shooting at just targets that pop up at you in a hollow outdoor building, or turn down range; but where you are given marking rounds, protective gear and using live targets (each other), who are shooting back, in a fully furnished and dynamic environment. I'm sure you can teach some of these skills, but it wouldn't be as inclusive as this course is, or have the use of the Scenario House (pictured below) and SEG's available equipment.
Good answer. Town police used to get permission for use of abandoned buildings around town and run several scenarios. For bad guys, they used men from where I worked. They would come in with red marks all over (I know that's not what marking rounds means, but that's what they do) and relive their experiences. The police were really taken with the reality of the experience.
Them that have real life experience make excellent instructors, but I feel that this course could reinforce those lessons better than the video games that some agencies use.
Re: Force on Force** - Handgun 120
Posted: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 18:47:38
by MDukes
WRW wrote:Them that have real life experience make excellent instructors, but I feel that this course could reinforce those lessons better than the video games that some agencies use.
These courses definitely give a better experience than the other systems you are referring to. In one of the SEG Family Home Defense courses, the scenario was a husband and wife sitting in the living room when an armed intruder bursts in. The women said that her and her husband ended up getting into a normal conversation while they were waiting; when the intruder finally made it into the room, she was so scared it took her a minute to remember they weren't at home, but in class. She said it
really shows you how you'll react in similar situations and allows you to learn from your mistakes where its OK to make those mistakes.
Also in reference to some of the 'video games' you referred to, SEG's had Conflict Kinetics in the facility with their simulators, but they were more for calculating and improving accuracy and speed of the tested, than actually moving and reacting to situations. Part of the system is still up in the mobile walls area of the Scenario House to project images and targets onto the walls. Its some pretty cool technology.