Page 1 of 1

OC in my neighborhood

Posted: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 00:54:12
by mobb70
Well I have an CHP but wanted to get the feel of OC so I put on the serpa and walked the dog around the neighborhood.Talked to a few people about my dog, no stares or anything. Even walked by a school bus dropping off kids next to my house on my walk back and all the kids did was pet my bulldog. Parents didn`t look twice. Maybe no one saw it but either way, was uneventful and look forward to doing it again.Talked to my my very liberal neighbor for 20 minutes about the Redskins and nothing odd happened there either. Hope more people here in VA are like people in my neighborhood. The only other carry I have not tried yet is my MOAB messenger bag for day hikes etc.

Re: OC in my neighborhood

Posted: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 07:11:36
by ShotgunBlast
Sounds like it's time for an OC visit to Walmart! :rockon:

Re: OC in my neighborhood

Posted: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 08:40:00
by allingeneral
First OC trip to Wal-mart is like a badge of honor. That's the real test, as you walk into the place and start wondering every time you move if the person three steps from you is going to see your firearm and start running around the store screaming hysterically that "There's a man with a gun!!!"

Hopefully that never happens to you, but you should be prepared for it. Most likely, no one will even notice, or maybe one person will ask you what kind of gun you're carrying, or if you're a policeman. No matter what, just keep your cool and be polite with a smile on your face :)

Carry on!

Re: OC in my neighborhood

Posted: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 21:42:50
by Reverenddel
Ain't any way I was mistaken for a "officer". :hysterical:

My OC Wally-Walk had a security guard in the Wal-mart on Forest Hill Ave following me around for three departments. After 20 minutes, of him being on my keister, I went to "pharmacy", and called my girlfriend at the time, and said "Heavy flow? Is that what you wanted?"

He turned, and left.

Guess he realized it was "PMS protection". :hysterical:

Re: OC in my neighborhood

Posted: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 10:35:50
by GettingOld
mobb70 wrote:... so I put on the serpa and walked the dog around the neighborhood ...
OK, I'm a month late and off topic, but:

I took a class back in January (http://www.fpftraining.com/) and they specifically ban Serpa or other similar latching holsters from the class.
Why? Because the latch release mechanism is the trigger finger and there has been a significant incidence of people under stress continuing that motion and shooting themselves during a fast draw.

Just FYI. I had to get a new holster too. :doh: