Page 1 of 1
Anyone use their C&Rs for local discounts?
Posted: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 23:26:33
by FIDO
Like the topic asks.. I have yet to use mine for anything other than firearms. Anyone know of Virginia businesses that allow C&R discounts?
Re: Anyone use their C&Rs for local discounts?
Posted: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 00:00:35
by Moccasin
Sorry, can't help you. I've got all the paperwork to get my C&R but I'm hesitant to do so tight now. Having one allows BATFE warrantless entry into that address listed on the application. I can't bring myself to allow that possibility in my home with this administration.
Re: Anyone use their C&Rs for local discounts?
Posted: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 09:03:23
by Hiwaytahell
I would like to know this also.
Re: Anyone use their C&Rs for local discounts?
Posted: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 10:45:27
by zephyp
Moccasin wrote:Sorry, can't help you. I've got all the paperwork to get my C&R but I'm hesitant to do so tight now. Having one allows BATFE warrantless entry into that address listed on the application. I can't bring myself to allow that possibility in my home with this administration.
Precisely the reason I havent applied for one and probably never will. Different story if I happen to hit the lottery and open a gun/range/hunting/fishing/bike shop...

Re: Anyone use their C&Rs for local discounts?
Posted: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:01:33
by FIDO
Yeah I hear what you're saying about the BATF visits. Since I don't use the C&R much, I'm going to let it expire. It was fun when surplus ammo was cheap.
Re: Anyone use their C&Rs for local discounts?
Posted: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 02:27:42
by vbrtrmn
The best local discount is no FFL transfer fee. I don't ask local dealers for discounts, because most of them are small businesses which are dealing with very slim margins, anyway.
Re: Anyone use their C&Rs for local discounts?
Posted: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 18:28:00
by DRat
I have not found any local discount using my C&R FFL.