Page 1 of 1

Va. Pilot Article

Posted: Wed, 08 May 2013 15:55:16
by tinner666
This showed up on my FB page, https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Nearly a month old now.

Re: Va. Pilot Article

Posted: Wed, 08 May 2013 16:31:26
by VBshooter
Angry? Frustrated?,Confused? Tough $hit! It's legal .live with it!

Re: Va. Pilot Article

Posted: Wed, 08 May 2013 16:32:08
by chrismartin
Yeah, who needs to be armed in a VA Beach grocery store!?

http://wtkr.com/2013/03/08/woman-stabbe ... nia-beach/

Re: Va. Pilot Article

Posted: Wed, 08 May 2013 16:36:17
by dorminWS
Stabbed? You don't reckon it was those two delinquents from Suffolk with their rapid-fire assault pencils, do you?

Re: Va. Pilot Article

Posted: Wed, 08 May 2013 17:03:04
by thekinetic
I could only hope I run into her when she needs help, I might just mind my own buisness. Then she'd be whining how the man with the gun didn't help her! :hysterical:

People like her make me sick, and they are also one of the reason's I open carry and will continue even with a CHP because I know that it sticks it their craw. But they aren't the main reason because I live a few blocks from a 7-11 where a man (a marine in fact) was beaten half to death while shopping. So who needs a gun when grocery shopping, well she should ask him!

Re: Va. Pilot Article

Posted: Wed, 08 May 2013 18:43:14
by Kreutz
Due to a small stand of woods in my yard being some sort of homing beacon for stray dogs, I've been carrying to take the garbage out and mow the lawn. I keep an axe on the front stoop for seeing my kids on and off the bus as well after we were accosted by a stray one morning.

This dullard lady would of course, think me a nut. If I saw her being mauled to death I'd offer a cheery yet masculine wave and be on my merry way.

Re: Va. Pilot Article

Posted: Wed, 08 May 2013 18:58:14
by WRW
See, here is the disconnect some experience. How many times have we heard on a newscast of some horrific event, "That kind of thing never happens here!"? I always think to myself, "Obviously it does."

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Re: Va. Pilot Article

Posted: Wed, 08 May 2013 20:13:13
by gunderwood
article wrote:VA has a lenient open carry law. Why did the General Assembly loose this on the general public?
Another ignorant anti-gunner. Please take the time to educate yourself before opening your mouth. VA has no open carry law. Like most things you do everyday, open carry is legal because the General Assembly has not enacted a statue prohibiting it.

article wrote:I was thinking: "What a pathetic looser." I wonder whether he really thought that his "hail-fellow-well-met" approach and his openly carried gun made me feel anymore secure, not less.
Probably. After all one can't really be a gentleman unless armed. Although swords were more common, they've been supplanted by firearms. FYI, regardless of what you felt, you actually were demonstrably safer.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
Wikipedia wrote:At the last, the wearing of a sword on all occasions was the outward and visible sign of a gentleman; the custom survives in the sword worn with court dress.

Re: Va. Pilot Article

Posted: Wed, 08 May 2013 20:31:40
by Swampman
How much you wanna bet she's a "Come here?" Go back.

Re: Va. Pilot Article

Posted: Wed, 08 May 2013 21:36:06
by AlanM
She'd better not stop in a certain Charlottesville on a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday afternoon or she'll really go into shock.
Those are the days I go shopping with my 1911 on my right hip.
I don't know of any customers saying anything (a delivery man stopped me just last week and complimented me for carrying) but I've been told that a couple of the employees have mentioned me to management. At least two of the managers have responded with: "Has he threatened anyone? No? Well, what he's doing is perfectly legal. Don't bother him."

Re: Va. Pilot Article

Posted: Thu, 09 May 2013 07:11:27
by AlanM
Oops!
The first line in the above post should have said:
She'd better not stop in a certain Charlottesville Kroger store on a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday afternoon or she'll really go into shock.

Re: Va. Pilot Article

Posted: Thu, 09 May 2013 07:54:42
by Reverenddel
The proper term Swampman is "CARPETBAGGER", or "TRANSPLANT"

Come'here's are the ones who WANT to be here, LOVE our culture, and usually Arm up!

Doesn't matter what she is... she a term I prefer not to use on a family site. :roll:

Re: Va. Pilot Article

Posted: Thu, 09 May 2013 08:40:13
by TacticalMom
I was at wally world. And one of the employees at the gun counter... told me that a customer came up and complained/worried that "there is a lady in the store with a gun, a lady in the store with a gun. Arn't you going to go get her?" He said she is perfectly in her rights to have a gun, and she is not bothering you is she. The customer apparently according to him looked with a perplexed look, and was confused he would not do anything. I only know about it because I buy ammo and guns from him, and he knows my family now. So when I came around is usual to see if they had any of the calibers I use, he told me. We laughed about it and I went on about my business.

Re: Va. Pilot Article

Posted: Thu, 09 May 2013 09:56:27
by SpanishInquisition
We occasionally OC at wally world too, usually if we're coming back from a day at Hite Hollow or someting. Nary a problem.

Tacticalmom, you can find ammo at your wallywordl? Where?????

Re: Va. Pilot Article

Posted: Thu, 09 May 2013 10:01:00
by TacticalMom
SpanishInquisition wrote:We occasionally OC at wally world too, usually if we're coming back from a day at Hite Hollow or someting. Nary a problem.

Tacticalmom, you can find ammo at your wallywordl? Where?????
Lately no, we have not been able to buy any or much there... I have found shotgun ammo 12 g, and 20 g.

But I have known this Walmart associate/individual well before this shortage happened. I used to go get cci minimag and 9mm from them. But no more, now we just go to see if there are any available at all when wen are in there.

This is the second time its happened to me in wally world, and I tend to be there with my kiddos in the cart.

So many people are uneducated and stupid. :roll: