Page 1 of 2

29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be neede

Posted: Fri, 03 May 2013 09:52:17
by Reverenddel
Poll shows 29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be needed
Published May 02, 2013
FoxNews.com

We knew distrust of government was high. But a new poll shows that suspicion reaching new levels.

According to a survey from Fairleigh Dickinson University, nearly a third of registered voters -- 29 percent -- believe an "armed revolution" might be necessary in the next few years in order to protect liberties.

The poll from the university's PublicMind explored perceptions regarding Congress' latest gun control push as well as the Sandy Hook mass shooting. That legislative push, launched in the wake of the Connecticut shooting, fizzled last month after the Senate blocked a bill that would have expanded background checks.

The poll showed 50 percent of voters still believe Congress should pass laws to protect the public from gun violence, while 39 percent say the opposite. But there is a huge partisan divide. Among Republicans, 65 percent don't see new laws as necessary.

And the survey could help explain why applications for gun permits have hit record highs and retailers report ammo has been flying off the shelves. Not only are gun owners worried about new gun laws, but the poll suggests some voters think a revolution could be on the horizon.

Asked whether an armed revolution might soon be necessary to protect liberties, 29 percent said yes.

Another 47 percent said no, while the rest were either unsure or declined to answer.

Of those who said yes, 44 percent were Republicans. Most of those who said yes also did not support more gun control legislation.

The poll of 863 registered voters was conducted April 22-28. It had a margin of error of 3.4 percentage points.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05 ... z2SElxQ8vt


***** My estimations? That number is LOWER than actual! When you talk to folks, they're ALL saying things are broken beyond repair. I personally don't think so, I think a couple good elections with STATESMEN, not POLITICIANS, would start the repair of things. *****

Re: 29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be neede

Posted: Fri, 03 May 2013 10:21:47
by TallEd
I think there should have been a revolution a long time ago. There are too many government offices that are entirely unconstitutional and many more that are technically not, but go against the principles the country was founded upon... Including much of the military.

I do not see it as likely the majority of the government will ever willingly disband. INMHO it will either get a little bit better (doubtful), stay the same (not likely), or get progressively worse (likely). Starting over may be what we need.

Re: 29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be neede

Posted: Fri, 03 May 2013 13:02:02
by gunderwood
Which is the real reason they want a gun registry via UBC and a ban on ARs.

Re: 29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be neede

Posted: Fri, 03 May 2013 13:11:57
by dorminWS
Yup. What would YOU do if YOU were the bloodsucking gub'mint bureaucrat that realized that a full third of the voters were willing to consider shooting your ass to get your worthless carcass off the federal teat?

Re: 29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be neede

Posted: Fri, 03 May 2013 13:19:31
by SHMIV
Rev, I try to maintain that sort of optism, but I have to wonder if Kreutz is right when he suggests that a reset is the only viable option. And, I can't fathom that a reset would be peaceful.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Re: 29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be neede

Posted: Fri, 03 May 2013 13:22:04
by OakRidgeStars
The gun grabbers dream about this scenario every night. This is what will trigger the executive orders which will lead to confiscation. Every gun owner should be praying that no "armed revolution" ever takes place.

Remember this?

Image

Re: 29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be neede

Posted: Fri, 03 May 2013 14:39:50
by dorminWS
Tell the truth, I'm a little bit shocked at it; and yes, I will admit to being a little bit scared by it.

I think I've said before on the forum that the thought of armed rebellion scares the bejesus out of me and I hope it never happens. I can't imagine any sane person would feel any other way. That said, I have absolutely NO confidence that our federal government will do anything but continue to incrementally curtail our individual rights and steal our wealth. So I can only hope, as Rev says, there will be a turnaround based upon the outrage of the so-far (relatively) silent majority. I hope this poll is an indicator that right-thinking individuals are about to rise up and throw the liberty-hating thieves out using the ballot box (or at the very least severely crimp their style).

But the question is pretty fuzzy. "MIGHT be needed" is a far cry from "I'd join up and take fire". And I just glanced at it, but I think it said the survey was mostly land-line telephone based, which might mean it was skewed to older folks (younger ones just have cell phones). That may mean the 29% was overstated. But as Rev said, it was probably also understated simply because a lot of people would be hesitant to openly advocate armed rebellion even if they did support it in their heart of hearts.

That's the problem with life. There are no answers in the back of the book.

Re: 29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be neede

Posted: Fri, 03 May 2013 14:51:26
by mfm16
These type of things scare me. Deep down I feel that it may come to an armed revolution.

Re: 29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be neede

Posted: Fri, 03 May 2013 16:33:44
by kelu
Been there, done that. The army shot the population for about a week, then turn over against the masters.
Enthusiasm was enormous. Unfortunately, 20 years later, it becomes clear that once a big part of population is no longer accustomed to think for themselves and to take care of themselves, there is no hope. It is just a change of one regime with another.

Re: 29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be neede

Posted: Fri, 03 May 2013 18:37:36
by gunderwood
kelu wrote:Been there, done that. The army shot the population for about a week, then turn over against the masters.
Enthusiasm was enormous. Unfortunately, 20 years later, it becomes clear that once a big part of population is no longer accustomed to think for themselves and to take care of themselves, there is no hope. It is just a change of one regime with another.
+1

Revolutions end badly unless the people are prepared to govern themselves. Just removing the previous dictator leaves a power vacuum and it will get filled by yet another dictator.

Re: 29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be neede

Posted: Fri, 03 May 2013 21:55:07
by Kreutz
dorminWS wrote:I hope this poll is an indicator that right-thinking individuals are about to rise up and throw the liberty-hating thieves out using the ballot box (or at the very least severely crimp their style).

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.”

Re: 29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be neede

Posted: Fri, 03 May 2013 23:44:43
by moss20
I read an article about a month ago that talked about an "armed" march on Washington planned for July 4th, and that a few people going we're expecting violence. Its just what the Kenyan idiot would need to declare Martial Law and come for our guns--starting the revolution.

I have not had a lot of time to research this, but am preparing with family and friends-just in case.

Re: 29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be neede

Posted: Sat, 04 May 2013 09:26:52
by dorminWS
moss20 wrote:I read an article about a month ago that talked about an "armed" march on Washington planned for July 4th, and that a few people going we're expecting violence. Its just what the Kenyan idiot would need to declare Martial Law and come for our guns--starting the revolution.

I have not had a lot of time to research this, but am preparing with family and friends-just in case.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Close as you could come to that without getting thrown into the calaboose would probably be to march en mass right up to the VA/DC border while open carrying and stare across the Potomac at the puzzle palaces, chanting the language of the Second Amendment. MSM and Obamass would no doubt ignore it. Perhaps a small contingent could disarm, march to the front of the White House, and nibble Pop Tarts into pistol shapes. But if THEY chanted the 2nd A, the MSM would probably report only that a pro-gun group had been in front of the White House eating junk food and talking with their mouths full.

Re: 29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be neede

Posted: Sat, 04 May 2013 10:38:40
by Reverenddel
After reading about the "May Day" protests in Seattle, the terrorists bombing details of Boston, the Abortion Doctor who thinks that if child is born, and cannot survive outside the womb it should be left, even though simple medical procedures could save it...

Forget what i said... We're doomed.

We're lil' sheep who have lost their way...baaaaa, baaaa, baaaa...

Re: 29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be neede

Posted: Sat, 04 May 2013 12:18:23
by ShotgunBlast
Yeah, I'm not going to put a lot of faith in a poll of 863 registered voters. I think this poll is a non-story.

Like Rev said, "baaaaa, baaaaa, baaaaaa". There won't be an armed revolution. There will just be people to start picking up the pieces after everything crumbles.

Re: 29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be neede

Posted: Sun, 05 May 2013 06:51:11
by Kreutz
50% of those 863 people feel you have too many civil liberties. Thats not unexpected these days.

Re: 29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be neede

Posted: Sun, 05 May 2013 16:37:56
by moss20
Found an article about the July 4th march.

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/03/a_march ... ed_rifles/

Re: 29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be neede

Posted: Sun, 05 May 2013 16:41:12
by Reverenddel
100% of me thinks if you're putting your hands on me unprovoked... you'll pull back a stub. :friends:

I will actively work to keep the civil rights we have currently, and when they come for me... they're going for everyone... and if you put us ALL in a RE-EDUCATION CAMP TOGETHER....

Really?!!? Wouldn't that be MORE dangerous than just keeping us under watch, and report to your "massah's", Jackboot?

Re: 29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be neede

Posted: Sun, 05 May 2013 22:20:27
by Kreutz
SHMIV wrote:Rev, I try to maintain that sort of optism, but I have to wonder if Kreutz is right when he suggests that a reset is the only viable option. And, I can't fathom that a reset would be peaceful.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
At this point doing anything to reverse the trend is the equivalent of spitting on the charred wreckage of your home long after it burned down to put the fire out.

A futile gesture.

On the bright side the collapse of the current.....thing commonly referred to as "America" can be viewed with bittersweet relief, like seeing a long suffering, tumor-ridden cancer patient breathe their last.

Yes there will be pain and tears, but at least dear old beloved Uncle Sam isn't riddled with bedsores and caked with his own feces anymore. I mean, who wants to remember him like this anyway?

He can be buried, mourned, and life will go on.

His estate will likely go to his 50 fractious children who will be requesting donations in lieu of flowers.

Re: 29 percent of voters think 'armed revolution' might be neede

Posted: Mon, 06 May 2013 09:13:08
by dorminWS
Kreutz wrote:
dorminWS wrote:I hope this poll is an indicator that right-thinking individuals are about to rise up and throw the liberty-hating thieves out using the ballot box (or at the very least severely crimp their style).

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well, Kreutz, I said "I hope"; not "I have firm expectations". If anybody in this country didn't know the stark difference between "hope" and "attainment", surely Mr. Obama has awakened them rudely by now.