Page 1 of 1
VCDL Prez on Daily Show Segment
Posted: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 16:59:33
by ShotgunBlast
Following the Senate's defeat of the Manchin-Toomey amendment, John Oliver tests the theory that government-mandated gun control doesn't work. While I think Philip Van Cleave is a great speaker about gun rights, I don't know if he had an off day or if they just cherry-picked the worst footage (I think it was a bit of both). Judge for yourself.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-a ... oop-de-doo
Re: VCDL Prez on Daily Show Segment
Posted: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 14:05:41
by VBshooter
Seemed fine to me
Re: VCDL Prez on Daily Show Segment
Posted: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 16:10:02
by Kreutz
He did fine but ignored the "know thy enemy" maxim. He should have researched or been briefed on exactly what the Daily Show is beforehand. Otherwise its a bit like walking into a trap.
Re: VCDL Prez on Daily Show Segment
Posted: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 16:57:42
by UnderwaterMike
TDS always edits footage to make people look is stupid as possible. So, I find it hard to believe that Philip was not more effective in unaired footage. Personally, I would not have done the interview.
Re: VCDL Prez on Daily Show Segment
Posted: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 11:07:19
by Reverenddel
I talked to Philip about this, he had a valid reason to go even though he knew what was going to happen.
A segment of the population gets ONLY their news from Jon Stewart, and Philip said "Even if they skew me, at least it'll be a opposite view, and give some on the fence an idea."