Page 1 of 1

Stopped in Chesterfield

Posted: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 16:23:33
by tinner666
Not newsworthy, but thought I'd post it for any newbies to read so they'd understand how things usually go around here.
I got stopped Saturday. CPD. LEO said passing him was OK. Everything thing else I did was OK until he realized a brake light was out on the trailer.
I had handed him my license and as he quit talking and said I could get out to look, I got out and said "I'm armed" and patted my 4oc position. I would have said something even sooner, but didn't really get an opening.
He just said "OK, just don't go jerking it out." As we went to the rear of the trailer, he said "Thanks for letting me know." Never asked for my permit and as I checked the wires and he checked my credentials, he said I was good to go with a verbal warning. :clap:

Re: Stopped in Chesterfield

Posted: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 16:28:01
by DryBones
handled by both parties the way it should be handled everywhere. :clap:

BTW, trailer? headed to Pokie for camping or another type of trailer?

Re: Stopped in Chesterfield

Posted: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 19:45:37
by tinner666
Nah. 10 x6 open for mowers and other equipment. The camper is at White Tail with only about 50 miles on it, getting there from the dealer a few years back.

Re: Stopped in Chesterfield

Posted: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 20:39:32
by rlbellco72
That is a refreshing change from the usual LEO/Armed Citizen exchanges! Glad it was handled well by both parties. :clap:

Re: Stopped in Chesterfield

Posted: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 08:31:26
by Monkey
Disagree. It's always newsworthy when somebody sets the standard for open and honest communication when it comes to these events.

Well done!

Re: Stopped in Chesterfield

Posted: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 01:25:58
by Jakeiscrazy
Never had issue one open carrying around Chesterfield police. See them all the time in Chickfila while carrying.

Re: Stopped in Chesterfield

Posted: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 17:08:22
by Reverenddel
Jake, if it's the Chik-Fi-La I'm thinking about... there is a police station DIRECTLY ACROSS from it... I'd hope you WOULD see a few around there! HAHAHA