Page 1 of 1

Who is my CLEO?

Posted: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 21:56:59
by SamNavy
Damn I feel dumb asking this.

I live in Virginia Beach, which is it's own county, so I'm guessing it's my Chief of Police?

This is the guy, correct?
http://www.vbgov.com/government/departm ... olice.aspx

I'm filling out my 03 C&R form and they want an address to mail a second copy of the form to. The instructions say I don't need a sign-off, but simply need to inform my CLEO that I'm applying for the license... do I use the "Chief's Office" listed on the link below and address it to him personally?

http://www.vbgov.com/government/departm ... fault.aspx

Awesome photo linked for your troubles... bonus to you if you can tell me what's interesting about it:
Image

Re: Who is my CLEO?

Posted: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 06:56:59
by FiremanBob
Who is the guy trying to outrun it?

Re: Who is my CLEO?

Posted: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 09:02:41
by OakRidgeStars
Yes, the police chief is the CLEO in Virginia Beach.

Re: Who is my CLEO?

Posted: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 09:39:16
by ProShooter
OakRidgeStars wrote:Yes, the police chief is the CLEO in Virginia Beach.
Not to doubt OakRidgeStars, but just double check that before you drive down there. The Sheriff is the CLEO anywhere in the state, but he may defer that paperwork to the Chief of Police.

If all else fails, you could go see Miss Cleo...
Image

Re: Who is my CLEO?

Posted: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 12:24:38
by OakRidgeStars
Proshooter is correct. Any BATFE paperwork that's sent to Va Beach is deferred to the Police Chief's office for review.

That doesn't make him the CLEO, but it does mean that he will be reviewing your paperwork for NFA/SOT.

I should have called Miss Cleo first :whistle:

Re: Who is my CLEO?

Posted: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 13:18:45
by ProShooter
OakRidgeStars wrote:
I should have called Miss Cleo first :whistle:
Miss Cleo, she get you straight, mon!

Re: Who is my CLEO?

Posted: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 15:23:49
by Monkey
SamNavy wrote:Damn I feel dumb asking this.

I live in Virginia Beach, which is it's own county, so I'm guessing it's my Chief of Police?

This is the guy, correct?
http://www.vbgov.com/government/departm ... olice.aspx

I'm filling out my 03 C&R form and they want an address to mail a second copy of the form to. The instructions say I don't need a sign-off, but simply need to inform my CLEO that I'm applying for the license... do I use the "Chief's Office" listed on the link below and address it to him personally?

http://www.vbgov.com/government/departm ... fault.aspx

Awesome photo linked for your troubles... bonus to you if you can tell me what's interesting about it:
Image
As far as the picture is concerned:

- That white shirt is definitely out of position.
- Jet Blast Deflector up for an E-2C...standard, but not sure it's necessary.
- There's what's looks like an open panel on the right hand side of the aircraft.
- If you're a nuke, there's nothing interesting about the picture. :)