Page 1 of 1

Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Posted: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 19:32:48
by crossfireltd
I am in the process of purchasing a Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle for my .223/5.56 DPMS AR15. My question is what is the difference if any between the mod3 (long), mod4 (med) and mod5 (short)? I could not discern what the differences are from the Bravo Company and Vltor websites. Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.
8-)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Re: Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Posted: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 19:36:56
by scrubber3
Length of the release latch is all. They're designed for one handed operation. Mod 3 is the largest and it gets smaller as the number increases.

Re: Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Posted: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 19:40:59
by crossfireltd
scrubber3 wrote:Length of the release latch is all. They're designed for one handed operation. Mod 3 is the largest and it gets smaller as the number increases.
Thanks for the quick response, so basically any one of them will be a drop in fit for my rifle.....
8-)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Posted: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 20:14:46
by gunderwood
crossfireltd wrote:
scrubber3 wrote:Length of the release latch is all. They're designed for one handed operation. Mod 3 is the largest and it gets smaller as the number increases.
Thanks for the quick response, so basically any one of them will be a drop in fit for my rifle.....
8-)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Yes. My preference is for the large (mod 3) version, but whatever works for you.

Re: Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Posted: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 22:10:20
by Jbecker
The large latch works well under a large optic like an Elcan or some of the large magnification scopes. However on a standard carbine, it is overkill for my needs. I run the medium latch (mod 4) on all of my rifles, it is slightly larger than a normal handle. The mod 5 is basically the same size as a standard handle.

Re: Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Posted: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 00:49:11
by scrubber3
Don't know if you've seen it, but this>

Image

Re: Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Posted: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 09:30:49
by gunderwood
Jbecker wrote:The large latch works well under a large optic like an Elcan or some of the large magnification scopes. However on a standard carbine, it is overkill for my needs. I run the medium latch (mod 4) on all of my rifles, it is slightly larger than a normal handle. The mod 5 is basically the same size as a standard handle.
Personal preference, but I put the larges on carbines with T1's. Absolutely can not miss it during high stress tactical engagements. Just my two cents.

Re: Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Posted: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 13:49:06
by scrubber3
gunderwood wrote:
Jbecker wrote:The large latch works well under a large optic like an Elcan or some of the large magnification scopes. However on a standard carbine, it is overkill for my needs. I run the medium latch (mod 4) on all of my rifles, it is slightly larger than a normal handle. The mod 5 is basically the same size as a standard handle.
Personal preference, but I put the larges on carbines with T1's. Absolutely can not miss it during high stress tactical engagements. Just my two cents.
That's exactly what I run on my DDM4. Micro T-1 with the mod 3. I have a mod 4 on my CQB gun to make it real narrow as I don't know what I'll be wearing and I don't want to snag it on anything.

Re: Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Posted: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 15:29:27
by RWBlue01
I think I am running a mod1 or mod2. I dislike the original charge handle.

Re: Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Posted: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 18:38:01
by scrubber3
RWBlue01 wrote:I think I am running a mod1 or mod2. I dislike the original charge handle.
I'm not aware of any mod 1 or 2 charging handles that BCM makes...

The original charging handles work, but the bcm gun fighters work so much better.

Re: Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Posted: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 01:59:35
by RWBlue01
scrubber3 wrote:
RWBlue01 wrote:I think I am running a mod1 or mod2. I dislike the original charge handle.
I'm not aware of any mod 1 or 2 charging handles that BCM makes...

The original charging handles work, but the bcm gun fighters work so much better.
Well, they currently have mod 3,4, 5 on the market. I got mine a long while back and it doesn't say mod 3, 4, or 5 on it. It looks a lot like a 3, but I don't have a 3 to compare it to.



I also have a PRI charge handle. It is ok, but I prefer the BCM.

Re: Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Posted: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 22:58:41
by Jbecker
I think they did have something before the VLTOR Gunfighter design came about, but I heard they were problematic and then redesigned to solve the issue of the handle failing at the roll pin. I have broken a standard charging handle at the roll pin as well. Didn't notice at first until the charging handle started bumping into my nose when the rifle cycled.