New gen TAPCO Mini-14 mag's
Posted: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 16:30:53
I absolutely can't believe it!
I got an unexpected package in the mail today from TAPCO. In it were three brand spanking new, improved 30-round polymer magazines for the Ruger Mini-14. I have a 580- series and the older version mag's required taking the metal reinforcement piece off the front to work. The old ones work with the front reinforcement piece removed, fed without problems. The new ones work with no modifications!
The kicker is that they were sent to me FREE! I can't find a magazine ANYWHERE and TAPCO sends me three new ones gratis because of their warranty!
A little background: Some time ago I bought three TAPCO magazines and tested them on my Ruger Mini-14 but found that they were a hair too big to fit my 580-series. I contacted the company, sent back the originals and they sent me replacements which suffered from the same problem. The contact guy, Kevin, told me that as soon as they worked our a solution and started production on the next generation then he'd send me brand new replacements. Today they showed up out of the blue!
I'm just really impressed that not only did they honor the warranty, they fixed the problem and replaced the magazines even with production demands like they are right now. Did I mention that they're 30-round polymer magazines?
I have to give serious credit to TAPCO! They've really stood by their warranty!
I got an unexpected package in the mail today from TAPCO. In it were three brand spanking new, improved 30-round polymer magazines for the Ruger Mini-14. I have a 580- series and the older version mag's required taking the metal reinforcement piece off the front to work. The old ones work with the front reinforcement piece removed, fed without problems. The new ones work with no modifications!
The kicker is that they were sent to me FREE! I can't find a magazine ANYWHERE and TAPCO sends me three new ones gratis because of their warranty!
A little background: Some time ago I bought three TAPCO magazines and tested them on my Ruger Mini-14 but found that they were a hair too big to fit my 580-series. I contacted the company, sent back the originals and they sent me replacements which suffered from the same problem. The contact guy, Kevin, told me that as soon as they worked our a solution and started production on the next generation then he'd send me brand new replacements. Today they showed up out of the blue!
I'm just really impressed that not only did they honor the warranty, they fixed the problem and replaced the magazines even with production demands like they are right now. Did I mention that they're 30-round polymer magazines?
I have to give serious credit to TAPCO! They've really stood by their warranty!
