Page 1 of 1

New Marketplace Requirements (New users must have 10 posts)

Posted: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 17:19:39
by allingeneral
All newly registered users must have 10 posts before they are able to post in the Marketplace. This means no more new users joining up and posting something for sale immediately with no other involvement in our community.

The setup/configuration for this was slightly convoluted, so if anyone sees things that are not in keeping with the above, please let me know so that I can correct it.

Re: New Marketplace Requirements (New users must have 10 posts)

Posted: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 17:41:50
by DryBones
:thumbsup:

Re: New Marketplace Requirements (New users must have 10 posts)

Posted: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 18:34:01
by jdonovan
how about 10 'meaningful' posts. New user joins up and posts 10 quick "welcome' messages in old threads, that really shouldn't count.

but even without the meaningful requirement, this should go a long way in stopping the fly by sellers.

How about a buyer/seller feedback forum?

I'd like to let folks know that buyer DDDDDD was a good guy, quick payment easy to deal with, vs deal with EEEEE who never met up at the appointed time/place, and stopped replying to emails.

Re: New Marketplace Requirements (New users must have 10 posts)

Posted: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 19:00:59
by allingeneral
jdonovan wrote:How about a buyer/seller feedback forum?

I'd like to let folks know that buyer DDDDDD was a good guy, quick payment easy to deal with, vs deal with EEEEE who never met up at the appointed time/place, and stopped replying to emails.
Already there! http://vagunforum.net/feedback/

Re: New Marketplace Requirements (New users must have 10 posts)

Posted: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 19:06:45
by jdonovan
how'd I miss that.... must have been thinking about another forum I'm on.

Re: New Marketplace Requirements (New users must have 10 posts)

Posted: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 19:19:21
by MNMGoneShooting
Welcome!
:welcome:

Re: New Marketplace Requirements (New users must have 10 posts)

Posted: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 19:22:28
by GeneFrenkle
But I'm going to miss the "Hi! I'm new! Great forum! Selling my poly stripped lower for $750. Federal Bulk 22lr pack for $100" posts.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Re: New Marketplace Requirements (New users must have 10 posts)

Posted: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 20:34:37
by WRW
So, you gotta love 'em up a little before talkin business. N'est-ce pas?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Re: New Marketplace Requirements (New users must have 10 posts)

Posted: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 20:54:52
by Mindflayer
GeneFrenkle wrote:Great forum! Selling my poly stripped lower for $750. Federal Bulk 22lr pack for $100" posts.
Gene, I'll trade you my Tokarev M57 and 200 rounds for your full poly AR. Oh, and that ammo. Thanks!

Re: New Marketplace Requirements (New users must have 10 posts)

Posted: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 21:10:43
by GeneFrenkle
Lemme go print out an AR lower and I'll get back to you, MindFlayer...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Re: New Marketplace Requirements (New users must have 10 posts)

Posted: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 17:05:30
by ShortMan
Thats fine by me. The spam bots will never put in that much effort so we wont have to worry about them.
But theres still gonna be plenty of gun noobs and wanna be get-rick-quick artists and they wont give up as easily.

Re: New Marketplace Requirements (New users must have 10 posts)

Posted: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 17:34:18
by Palladin
get rick quick... I like it! :clap:

Re: New Marketplace Requirements (New users must have 10 posts)

Posted: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 21:49:57
by allingeneral
I think I'm too slow! lol

Re: New Marketplace Requirements (New users must have 10 posts)

Posted: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 12:10:10
by i3sxrs03
The marketplace on this forum is a really convenient part but the rest of the forum too I've found to be a lot more useful.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image