Page 1 of 2

Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty...

Posted: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 11:09:46
by Geezer
...I am free of the shackles of the Peoples' Republic of Massachusetts! My relocation to NOVA is now complete. Free from the worry whether all my hi cap mags are "pre ban", free to buy any handgun I want with out having to check the Mass "Approved List", free to buy a handgun with less than a 10 lb. trigger pull, free to sleep with a firearm near to hand rather than sitting in a locked safe, free to have more than 1000 primers on the premises, free from the possibility that my local CLEO could revoke my CHP due to some behavior on my part that he deemed made me "unsuitable" , but mostly free from the worry that I might be in violation of of some minor ordinance that I don't know about.

Now how do I go about changing my driver's license to VA (I am in the Gainesville area). I currently have a Non-resident CHP, where do I go to change that to resident status. I assume I have to wait till the drivers license is changed to do that.

Re: Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty...

Posted: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 11:48:06
by dorminWS

Re: Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty...

Posted: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 11:51:42
by rlbellco72
Geezer, welcome to Virginia! :welcome:

Re: Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty...

Posted: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 11:58:03
by GeneFrenkle
Welcome home, Geezer!

For the DL, but this might help: http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/moving/newva.asp

For the CHP, this might help: http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_Res ... ealed.shtm

Re: Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty...

Posted: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 12:17:34
by Machias
:welcome:

Re: Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty...

Posted: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 12:22:33
by Trotter
:welcome:
Welcome Geezer
Your close if ya need any help PM me.

Re: Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty...

Posted: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 12:29:53
by Gotlabs
Congrats and welcome!

Re: Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty...

Posted: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 13:02:00
by Reverenddel
Glad to have ya'! Have a glass of sweet tea, and wait in DMV for your "new papers".

Re: Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty...

Posted: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 13:13:15
by OakRidgeStars
Welcome to Virginia!. Although being up in NoVA probably feels a lot like where you left :whistle:

Re: Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty...

Posted: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 13:13:21
by VACoastie
Good stuff my friend. Welcome to Gods Country. Anything above us is a mockery and we're the frontline to keep 'em where they belong.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Re: Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty...

Posted: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 13:41:07
by Snakester
Welcome to DIXIE ! :packin:

Re: Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty...

Posted: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 13:44:36
by wpoppert
:welcome:

Re: Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty...

Posted: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 13:49:15
by Taggure
:welcome:

Re: Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty...

Posted: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 14:23:52
by Geezer
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Have been on this board for about a yaear now as I was in the process of moving down here permanently. Looking forward to meeting some of you at a meet and greet sometime soon.

Re: Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty...

Posted: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 14:30:46
by Geezer
OakRidgeStars wrote:Welcome to Virginia!. Although being up in NoVA probably feels a lot like where you left :whistle:
That's for sure! I thought I was leaving the snow and cold behind but arrived here the other day to find a light snow and pretty cold weather. However up in mass my home was on top of a small mountain with nothing higher for many miles in all directions. Provided nice cool breezes in summer but wind-chills down to as low as -30 in winter. So I think the Gainesville area will be quite to my liking and a noticeable improvement.

Re: Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty...

Posted: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 15:32:54
by Reverenddel
GEEZER!

Just noticed "More than my wife thinks I have"

ROTLFMAO! :hysterical:

Yeeeaahhh, I think we all use the "rotation" process to fool them "That gun? Honey, I got that YEARS ago! (which I did, but put it in the back, rotating it to the front after a new one got purchase)"

Re: Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty...

Posted: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 17:50:14
by mamabearCali
Welcome!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Re: Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty...

Posted: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 18:17:15
by snatale42
Welcome to VA from a fellow Masshole (West Roxbury). If you didn't find out already there is A LOT of us down here (all the smart ones). I would also suggest joining the VCDL. They do WAY more to protect us than GOAL ever did! You got out right in time before Cadilac Deval started with that NY copycat crap... Congrats!

Re: Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty...

Posted: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 18:21:45
by thekinetic
Welcome to NoVa Geezer, the front lines of Va! :hysterical:

Re: Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty...

Posted: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 19:30:32
by Geezer
snatale42 wrote:Welcome to VA from a fellow Masshole (West Roxbury). If you didn't find out already there is A LOT of us down here (all the smart ones). I would also suggest joining the VCDL. They do WAY more to protect us than GOAL ever did! You got out right in time before Cadilac Deval started with that NY copycat crap... Congrats!
Howdy
Were you a NES member? As for VCDL I have been a member for quite awhile. Joined at a Chantilly gun show on one of my trips down scouting out the area.