Reticles-

Post your (General Firearms Related) question and it's likely that someone can give you the answer
Post Reply
User avatar
widefat
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 15:11:49

Reticles-

Post by widefat »

What reticle do you favor for mid-long distance shooting?
I would like to learn how to shoot up to 1000 yards; I really dont have much experience beyond 200-250 yards.
I am exploring optics and find my jaw hanging open at the number of reticle choices. I am not opposed to the latest and greatest (Horace?), but I also like the simplicity of a simple mildot. I figure if I can learn to use a simple mildot or MOA reticle correctly, then I have learned some very solid distance shooting fundamentals.
And that brings another question - MOA or MIL?

SO what do you use, and why?

PS - my platform is a 308 with a 20MOA base.
The United States of America:
Born: 4 July, 1776
Died: 6 November, 2012

I am a Native American. I was Born here.
Post Reply

Return to “Question and Answer”