Page 1 of 1

building an AK-47 from part kit

Posted: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 21:45:30
by Gurganus88
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I have a question I have been trying to research. If i buy an AK-47 parts kit Is it legal to manufacture a receiver for it. I have seen many websites with instructions to do so. i know i have to use 25% American products on the complete build. I intend to buy a parts kit with all matching s/n's and place that on the receiver.. Sorry if this is a stupid question but i figured theres no harm in asking. I live in VA

Re: building an AK-47 from part kit

Posted: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 08:25:39
by OakRidgeStars
You can buy a receiver blank, or a "80% blank", and complete it yourself. There are no legal issues as long as you are building the rifle for yourself.

Here's a good place to start your research:

http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatc ... page_id=23

Re: building an AK-47 from part kit

Posted: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 14:44:25
by Gurganus88
Awsume thanks for the info!!