Bob Costas Anti-gun rant on NBC Sunday Night Football
Posted: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 15:26:29
by allingeneral
I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed here at VGOF yet...
Bob Costas wrote:Handguns do not enhance our safety. They exacerbate our flaws, tempt us to escalate arguments and bait us into embracing confrontation rather than avoiding it.
A lot of people are calling for him to be fired, but that will never happen since he likely ran it by the higher-ups at NBC, and they couldn't agree more! We all know that NBC wants to "Fundamentally change America" alongside Obama, but to run a halftime tirade suggesting that my civil rights and those of millions of others in our country should be removed is just over the line. They can all go to hell, IMHO.
Here's the video.
Re: Bob Costas Anti-gun rant on NBC Sunday Night Football
Posted: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 15:34:43
by ShotgunBlast
Costas will just use the Jason Whitlock article he was paraphrasing from as a scapegoat to help deflect any blowback.
"Hey, don't get mad at me. Whitlock was the one who wrote the article!"
Re: Bob Costas Anti-gun rant on NBC Sunday Night Football
Posted: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 15:44:40
by FiremanBob
Costas has always been a tool.
Re: Bob Costas Anti-gun rant on NBC Sunday Night Football
Posted: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 15:51:25
by OakRidgeStars
I guess being a talentless, know-nothing hack makes one an expert on gun violence.
Re: Bob Costas Anti-gun rant on NBC Sunday Night Football
Posted: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 16:27:23
by dorminWS
The answer is obvious. Boycott NBC's MNF. Hell, I quit watching the NFL after the first strike back in the late '70s. Who CARES which union local wins?
Re: Bob Costas Anti-gun rant on NBC Sunday Night Football
Posted: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 18:04:05
by Snakester
I've had NBC blocked since Hank jr. was ousted ! Costas is just another idiot on a rant he knows nothing about .
Re: Bob Costas Anti-gun rant on NBC Sunday Night Football
Posted: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 18:39:17
by VBshooter
He agreed with the author and should have his ass fired,,,Imas,Hank and others have been fired for less and like a lot of others I'm sick and tired of the double standard where the left can say whatever the hell they want hiding behind the 1st amendmant but if the right does it,it;s suddenly improper or racial or God knows what the hell else...
Re: Bob Costas Anti-gun rant on NBC Sunday Night Football
Posted: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 19:10:49
by SHMIV
It's funny that he rails about violence during a football game.
I don't give a hoot about football, anyway, so boycotting NBC football programs would be easy; business as usual, for me.
Re: Bob Costas Anti-gun rant on NBC Sunday Night Football
Posted: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 19:13:03
by OakRidgeStars
Re: Bob Costas Anti-gun rant on NBC Sunday Night Football
Posted: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 19:16:26
by SHMIV
LMAO, ORS!
Re: Bob Costas Anti-gun rant on NBC Sunday Night Football
Posted: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 20:30:09
by Reverenddel
ORS! FOR THE FREAKIN' WIN!
Yeah Bob! How's that whole "violence" thing working out for the NFL!?
Re: Bob Costas Anti-gun rant on NBC Sunday Night Football
Posted: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 22:02:12
by KaosDad
Twitter:
@NBCSports
(I cant seem to find Bob Costas’ twitter account.)
You can let NBC know your opinion by calling their switchboard at 212-664-4444
-OR-
email them: nbcsportshelp@nbcuni.com
Adam Freifeld
Vice President, Communications
NBC Sports Group
(212) 664-6772
Fax: (212) 664-6035 adam.freifeld@nbcuni.com
This is from the Guy that inspired Bob Costas' rant.
Re: Bob Costas Anti-gun rant on NBC Sunday Night Football
Posted: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 09:01:22
by ShortMan
I really dont care when a random celeb comments on guns. If you were to sit down and talk with many of them you'd find they were quite ignorant on lots of subjects. Having a place to express their opinions makes them feel good about themselves and thats how I treat it, like a child needing attention. He probably doesnt give a damn about guns one way or the other he just thought it would get him some attention.
It probably worked.
I recommend ignoring him entirely. Its just trolling in real life instead of on a forum. He's not the first to do it. PETA celebs are the same way.
Re: Bob Costas Anti-gun rant on NBC Sunday Night Football
Posted: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 09:24:09
by Reverenddel
Most of the PETA Celebs are hot girls nekkid... I'm a dirty old man... I have a hard time ignoring them.
Re: Bob Costas Anti-gun rant on NBC Sunday Night Football
Posted: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:18:36
by ShotgunBlast
hehe "hard" time. hehe
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Re: Bob Costas Anti-gun rant on NBC Sunday Night Football
Posted: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:50:10
by dorminWS
ShotgunBlast wrote:hehe "hard" time. hehe
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
OK, SGB, which one are you; Beavis, or Butthead?
Re: Bob Costas Anti-gun rant on NBC Sunday Night Football
Posted: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 12:43:33
by Mindflayer
Reverenddel wrote:Most of the PETA Celebs are hot girls nekkid... I'm a dirty old man... I have a hard time ignoring them.
So what you're saying is that when you see the PETA girls, all you CAN think of is... hmmm... how to put this... fur and meat?
Re: Bob Costas Anti-gun rant on NBC Sunday Night Football
Posted: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 12:59:19
by Reverenddel
Usually what I think of is the phrase "Somewhere...someone...is sicka her sh't."