Page 1 of 1

Comparing, AKs, ARs, and Mosins

Posted: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 12:32:44
by Greybeard
Written by Head of the old Headsbunker.com, also known as "Ezra Coli" on the various message boards.
There's an ever present, unending debate over which is best, ARs or AKs, raging across the internet and in gun shops every day sending bile and bitter insults spewing both ways. This debate has turned fathers against sons, best friends against one another, and........well you get the point. The author is of the opinion that there are of course pros and cons to each family of rifle, and I refuse to engage in what is "best". As one who loves them all, especially the AK and AR series, I thought I'd pass on some of the knowledge I have gained over the years concerning these wildly different weapons. As a bonus, I'll toss in my knowledge of another favorite family of weapons at the Bunker, just because they are very popular these days and I often ramble about them. So, here, for the aid of those hammering one another in the debate, is some unbiased, non-slanted, untainted raw knowledge about the AK, the AR, and the Mosin Nagant.

http://mouseguns.com/compare.htm

Re: Comparing, AKs, ARs, and Mosins

Posted: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 13:10:09
by GeneFrenkle
I thought R Lee Ermey pretty much summed it up here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VRrc2n0NXg lol

What, no Mini-14/30 love?

Re: Comparing, AKs, ARs, and Mosins

Posted: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 00:38:24
by scrubber3
It's okay, the SCAR trumps them all.

Trust me, I've had all of them. I still have the SCARs 16 and 17. Of course they aren't cheap, but as far as performance and reliability goes, even the best ARs and AKs must give up the reigns.

Also, I do still have my Mosin. Two reasons:

1: it is a great rifle

2: it's not worth selling. I mean... What will I honestly get for it?

Re: Comparing, AKs, ARs, and Mosins

Posted: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 07:02:18
by GeneFrenkle
As they say in Pawn Stars, "The best I can do is $2.50 for the Mosin..."