Page 1 of 1

Gift Mauser

Posted: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 23:51:04
by WFarm
My neighbor recently gave me a rifle from his collection as he knows I'm really into vintage military rifles. Its a 1893 Mauser, Turkish model as best I can tell. From what I've read so far (I knew next to nothing about Mausers!) it was made in the 1896-1898 timeframe in Turkey under license from Mauser of Germany. The 1939 date on the receiver was the date Turkish armories re-chamberd the rifle to the then standard 8mm cartridge. If anybody out there knows more or different I'd love to hear.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Gift Mauser

Posted: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 23:52:16
by ShotgunBlast
:lovegunporn: :lovegunporn: :lovegunporn:

Re: Gift Mauser

Posted: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 00:04:15
by WFarm
Ok Shotgunblast, heres a couple more for you. Subject: 1945 M1 Garand on display stand with cleaning kit in nickel tube and 1943 Frankford Armory armor-piercing ammo.......

Image

Image

Image

Re: Gift Mauser

Posted: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 08:12:34
by ShotgunBlast
That's a real piece of history right there. Thanks for sharing!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Re: Gift Mauser

Posted: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 10:56:14
by dragonzfury050
that...is...awesome. love the mantle display

Re: Gift Mauser

Posted: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 14:56:58
by WFarm
dragonzfury050 wrote:that...is...awesome. love the mantle display
Thanks! Made the stand out of walnut to match the rifle stock. My dad and I cut the walnut tree years ago in Kansas and had it cut into various boards. We've about used it up now.

The Garand rests on the stand, however its not just a wall flower. I shoot it alot as its my favorite rifle. I designed and built a bayonet adapter for it to mount accessories such as my hunting light or bipod and I use it for night hunting for coyotes.

Image

Image