I hold it under my skin, putting on the face needed to deal with society which I can barely stand anymore.
All I want is a well built retreat on top of hill with high walls up the side, but only 4 feet tall at the top as my fence, with the windows open at night to let the mountain air in, waking up when I wake up, petting my medium sized dog named "Barkly", making good coffee, fixing a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich, then going on my porch (facing East), and watching the sunrise with my dog at my feet, while I drink my coffee, and have my sandwich.
On my 1000+ acres of land... Alone.
(sigh) C'mon Lotto Jackpot.
Re: Angry at the world.
Posted: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 09:41:51
by davasmith
Carpe diem! You want, go get it. Throw in a private 2000 yard range, a fully stocked pond, a swimming pool with cover and heater, a log mansion with more bullet proof windows than wood and my loving family and I'm right there with ya brother. I'm not angry at the world, just those that manipulate society to make "their" world ideal. Remember to smile as often as possible!
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Re: Angry at the world.
Posted: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 10:02:49
by thekinetic
You sir need some time at the range to blow off some steam. Just get up and greet the world with a smile that says F*** you I'm an American!
Re: Angry at the world.
Posted: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 17:52:14
by Snakester
A lot of AMERICAN'S feel exactly the same way !
Re: Angry at the world.
Posted: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 19:54:33
by OakRidgeStars
Some things are relevant no matter how long ago it was.
"I'm a human being, goddammit... my life has value..."
Re: Angry at the world.
Posted: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 20:37:56
by ShotgunBlast
OakRidgeStars wrote:Some things are relevant no matter how long ago it was.
"I'm a human being, goddammit... my life has value..."
Neat video. Thanks for sharing.
My question is after over 30 years since this was made where we've gone back and forth between Republicants and Dimocrats and how this video is just as relevant now as it was when it was made, have we stopped getting mad? Did we ever start getting mad? Will we be playing this video 30 years from now after more of the status quo? SSDD?
Re: Angry at the world.
Posted: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 21:02:08
by Mindflayer
After the drive over the Shenandoah river today, and the weekend in WV last week, I wish I could afford 30+ acres of land on the side of a mountain. Cabin retreat.
Re: Angry at the world.
Posted: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 23:14:03
by Palladin
Dang - it's 4:20 somewheres!
Re: Angry at the world.
Posted: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 07:35:34
by OakRidgeStars
Palladin wrote:Dang - it's 4:20 somewheres!
Re: Angry at the world.
Posted: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 08:20:49
by Reverenddel
Walked 5 miles in the beautiful sunshine, bought some provisions for camping next week...
Still...angry...
If I get to retire (BIG "IF" with the Guv'mint involved), I am determined to retire to the area between 64, and 81, near Staunton maybe... but definitely in the middle of a national/state forest.
Re: Angry at the world.
Posted: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 16:19:10
by subhuman
I feel your pain! Sounds like you need some "group" therapy!