Page 1 of 2

Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

Posted: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 18:24:53
by OakRidgeStars
Take the test and find out what your speech really says about you?.

http://www.alphadictionary.com/articles/yankeetest.html

My score: 100% Dixie. Is General Lee your grandfather?!

Re: Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

Posted: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 18:41:00
by Moccasin
Mine: 94% Dixie. Is General Lee your grandfather?!

But I got this score on the Adavnced test: 100% Dixie. Is General Lee your grandfather?!

http://www.alphadictionary.com/articles ... anced.html

Re: Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

Posted: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 18:53:09
by SELFDEFENSE
14% Dixie

Re: Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

Posted: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 18:58:29
by allingeneral
I'm not Yankee or Rebel, but 100% American! :P

Re: Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

Posted: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 20:08:41
by Hiwaytahell
38%

Re: Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

Posted: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 20:56:28
by skeeterss0
55% Dixie barely in Dixie it said

Re: Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

Posted: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 21:17:41
by wbtrunx
31% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.
and
20% Dixie. Wow! You are a Duke of Yankeedom!

It helps to have an English mother and father from Maine, I suppose.

Re: Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

Posted: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 22:00:35
by baz
Kind of late but I found this funny:

0% Dixie. Need help digging out of the snow?

Re: Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

Posted: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 22:50:05
by zephyp
29% but I'm 100% American. BORN IN THE USA. And I have a birth certificate (long form that is) to pwove it.

Re: Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

Posted: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 23:01:28
by Riana
31% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.

Born and raised in California, actually. I always through that made me either a fruit, a flake, or a nut. :whistle:

Re: Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

Posted: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 00:05:07
by Sweetpea
I'm 94% dixie. fun test, y'all! lol :)

Re: Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

Posted: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 00:57:13
by gorknoids
48% Dixie. I guess the other 52% includes the portion that drives me nuts when Southerners abso-goddamned-lutely refuse to pronounce the "R" and "L's" in the phrase "Throw the ball". It always comes out "Thow the ba!"
Another thing lacking in this test was the exact number which constitutes a "mess" of catfish. In my experience, it's more than 4, but somewhat weight-dependent. 4 large blues constitute a "mess", but you could need as many as 8 small ones. In that vein, what's the difference between a mess, an assload, and a shitload? Anyone here have a story about their uncle passing out while fishing, everyone else eating the fish and hushpuppies, rubbing grease on the drunkle's chin and then convincing him that he ate all the damned food?
I have shot an assload of snipe. A shitload of woodcock. It's very fast, exciting shotgunning. But having grown up on a dairy farm I know for an absolute fact that cows sleep lying down, and therefore can attest that snipe-hunting is real, and that cow-tipping is bullshit. Call me insensitive, but I don't give a damn what your second-cousin's best friends uncle claims to have on video, nobody has ever pushed a cow over unless it had a bullet lodged in its brain. For those who are true believers, send me the footage and I'll apologize. Cows stand up to eat, poop, and walk, and lay down for the rest of their lives. Nobody has ever "tipped" a cow. I wore a Stetson before I ever left NY State, only because it breathed well and kept the sun and hay chaff off my neck. I drove an International 1800 split-shift flatbed haytruck when I was 16, and I was hooked and flipped by a Brahma when I was 18,but that was in Memphis and may not count as a Yankee qual. Southern squirrel stew is just as good as Northern squirrel stew ( Gott'a have the corn) but the deer are way too small down here. Living in the Mid-Atlantic and seeing what pass for deer in the Carolinas and Virginia explains why male rabbits are called "bucks" and the females "does". Northern rabbits are about the same size as Southern deer.
Before you get pissed off, carry a Varying hare over your shoulder for a few miles. I may very well have a point.

Either way, our kids were all born below the Mason/Dixon Line, so they are Yankees. Remember, a cat might have kittens in the oven, but that don't make them biscuits!

Re: Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

Posted: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 06:04:14
by Moccasin
Gee, sounds to me like someone needs a compass and a map to find their way north again.

Re: Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

Posted: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 07:32:09
by OakRidgeStars
damn yankee :hysterical: :yankchain:

Re: Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

Posted: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 11:27:42
by wylde007
If you need to take a quiz to confirm one way or the other, then you already have your answer.

Re: Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

Posted: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 11:58:47
by SgtBill
50% Dixie, I always knew that I was a Yebel. 1/2 Yankee and 1/2 rebel. I spent so much time in the Military in the south that I now qualify as I now live in southren Va. Yee Ha
Bill

Re: Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

Posted: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 12:32:07
by Fordmechanic
50%. Born in Ohio, lived there till 8, then moved to Va. Been here 34 years. but I still say Pop, instead of soda.
Funny thing, I used to work at Busch Gardens in high school and I worked in Oktoberfest games. People would always come up and ask for a "case quarter". WTF is that? Finally I figured it out. 2 dimes and a nickle is a quarter, 5 nickles is a quarter, 25 pennies is a quarter, 3 nickles and a dime is a quarter, but a .25 cent piece is a CASE QUARTER.
Another funny story, people playing skeeball always had problems with the skeeballs getting hung up in the dispenser rack when they inserted said "case quarter" into the slot. They would invariably come up to me and say, "Excuse me, but my balls are stuck" And I would say, with a straight face,"Your balls are stuck in what?"...If I'm lying, I'm dying!

Re: Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

Posted: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 13:17:42
by Moccasin
wylde007 wrote:If you need to take a quiz to confirm one way or the other, then you already have your answer.
Still fun to take the quiz though.

Re: Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

Posted: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 13:57:34
by Vahunter
OakRidgeStars wrote:damn yankee :hysterical: :yankchain:
Damn Yankee... A northerner who comes to the south to visit then goes back home.

A GD yankee is one that comes to visit then decides to move here. :hysterical:

Re: Are You a Yankee or a Rebel?

Posted: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 18:21:47
by gorknoids
Vahunter wrote:
OakRidgeStars wrote:damn yankee :hysterical: :yankchain:
Damn Yankee... A northerner who comes to the south to visit then goes back home.

A GD yankee is one that comes to visit then decides to move here. :hysterical:
LMAO! Okay, I'm a GD Yankee! Any region where you can fish AND play golf all winter is my kind of place.