Page 1 of 1

Proactive Shooters on the 11pm news!

Posted: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 07:02:28
by ProShooter
Did a news interview with Ch. 6 yesterday. http://wtvr.com/2012/08/22/store-owner- ... Jl9ylDWEKP

Re: Proactive Shooters on the 11pm news!

Posted: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 07:05:43
by ShotgunBlast
Awesome!!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Re: Proactive Shooters on the 11pm news!

Posted: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 08:24:47
by Chasbo00
Gutsy shop owner - hope many others follow his lead. Could become a whole new training market niche. It's good to be first Jim.

Re: Proactive Shooters on the 11pm news!

Posted: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 08:35:24
by SpanishInquisition
To borrow a concept from Heinlein, perhaps we begin to see the return of a polite society. :)

Re: Proactive Shooters on the 11pm news!

Posted: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 08:50:15
by allingeneral
Nice! I posted a link to your website in the comments. Not sure if they will moderate it out or not, but it's worth a try :)

Re: Proactive Shooters on the 11pm news!

Posted: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 09:33:28
by ProShooter
I couldnt find a link to the comments section....

Re: Proactive Shooters on the 11pm news!

Posted: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 09:53:04
by skeeterss0
the url is there but not as a link.

Re: Proactive Shooters on the 11pm news!

Posted: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 10:17:01
by Jakeiscrazy
Nice! Good t see a training gun used for the demos. I remember a video a while back of an instructor pointing a real gun at students to demonstrate such concepts.

Re: Proactive Shooters on the 11pm news!

Posted: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 10:22:53
by Chasbo00
Jakeiscrazy wrote:Nice! Good t see a training gun used for the demos. I remember a video a while back of an instructor pointing a real gun at students to demonstrate such concepts.
That's a SIRT pistol Jake and it's quite a good training tool. It has lasers that show both trigger slack take up and when the pistol is discharged. I think it's a super training tool. I use one myself to enhance my dry fire training. Info on it here:

http://nextleveltraining.com/

Re: Proactive Shooters on the 11pm news!

Posted: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 11:42:36
by Jakeiscrazy
Chasbo00 wrote:
Jakeiscrazy wrote:Nice! Good t see a training gun used for the demos. I remember a video a while back of an instructor pointing a real gun at students to demonstrate such concepts.
That's a SIRT pistol Jake and it's quite a good training tool. It has lasers that show both trigger slack take up and when the pistol is discharged. I think it's a super training tool. I use one myself to enhance my dry fire training. Info on it here:

http://nextleveltraining.com/
Looks neat were is the M&P version! I've seen the Laserlyte trainers but kinda annoying to have to rack the slide ever round. Does the SIRT require slide racking?

Re: Proactive Shooters on the 11pm news!

Posted: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 12:37:16
by ProShooter
Chasbo00 wrote:
Jakeiscrazy wrote:Nice! Good t see a training gun used for the demos. I remember a video a while back of an instructor pointing a real gun at students to demonstrate such concepts.
That's a SIRT pistol Jake and it's quite a good training tool. It has lasers that show both trigger slack take up and when the pistol is discharged. I think it's a super training tool. I use one myself to enhance my dry fire training. Info on it here:

http://nextleveltraining.com/
The reporter actually wanted me to use my own gun, but I went for the SIRT. It worked great for this demo.

Re: Proactive Shooters on the 11pm news!

Posted: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 12:43:15
by Chasbo00
Jakeiscrazy wrote: Looks neat were is the M&P version! I've seen the Laserlyte trainers but kinda annoying to have to rack the slide ever round. Does the SIRT require slide racking?
They have been ready to put out an M&P SIRT nearly any day now for some time. :coffee: Send them a note and ask about the M&P model. No, you don't have to rack the slide (it's actually just a fixed metal cover) and that is what makes it great trainer for striker fired guns. The trigger is fully adjustable - maybe even too much so as the adjustment process is a bit complex - works well though. Also, this is not a cheap trainer.