Page 1 of 1
is anybody familiar with the company vulcan? Cheap 50
Posted: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 13:58:05
by kanata67
I found these while looking for a cheap good 22 rifle... I obviously got side tracked
A 50 I could afford is tempting, but not if it's garbage. Does anybody here have any experience with these or the company that makes them?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =301202197
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =301549229

Re: is anybody familiar with the company vulcan? Cheap 50
Posted: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 14:31:31
by allingeneral
If it makes a .50 cal round go down-range with a fair amount of accuracy...how bad can it be??

Re: is anybody familiar with the company vulcan? Cheap 50
Posted: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 14:38:37
by dorminWS
I would think $1,000-$1,200 is damn cheap for a .50BMG; even a single-shot.
I guess you have to worry about barell life and how well the action functions as well as accuracy; but I know the Bushmaster BA-50 (which is a bolt-action with a 10-shot box mag) was $5,300 a couple of years ago.
Re: is anybody familiar with the company vulcan? Cheap 50
Posted: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:29:42
by Rich
If you buy one...dont take it to a shooting range. Unless you just like making enemies.

Re: is anybody familiar with the company vulcan? Cheap 50
Posted: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 22:55:12
by gunderwood
No, I'm not familier with them, but that seems way too cheap. Low cost and decent quality 50bmgs run more like $2k. Speaking from experience, I would suggest that if the $1k difference between this and a decent low cost fifty (e.g. Anzio Ironworks single) makes that much difference, you're not going to use it much because these things cost money to feed.
If you actually shoot the firearm, most of them cost way more to feed than they do to buy. Just my two cents.
Re: is anybody familiar with the company vulcan? Cheap 50
Posted: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 13:52:11
by kanata67
that is why I went for the 308 sass gunderwood. Something I could not only feed but stock up for. Still... as much as I love the 7.62x54 and the 7.62x51, there is just something about a 50 that causes just a twinge of envy. Maybe if I find a cheap 38mm Gernade Launcher and mount for one of my ar's I won't feel the need for bigger. I don't know... while I can hit 1k, I can't hit 1k and go through the block wall and destroy whats behind it. I'm probably being silly and should just get a nuclear hand grenade with a blast radius bigger than my throwing range and call it quits.
