Page 1 of 1

Defensive Handgun I class - Doswell, Va. Sunday, July 22

Posted: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 10:03:04
by ProShooter
Sunday, July 22, 2012 from 9am to 5pm

Defensive Handgun I is a structured shooting class designed to teach you the beginning shooting techniques needed to properly deploy your defensive handgun, while at the same time reinforcing safe gun handling skills. This is not a course for the novice gun owner, but rather for someone who carries a handgun on a regular basis and wants to learn & reinforce new skills beyond the basic fundamentals.

Image

Students will shoot from standing, kneeling, and prone positions, at various distances at our outdoor range facility. The course generally runs about 6-8 hours, depending on class size (Limit 10 students per class).

Image


Topics include:

Holster draw & Presentation
Semi-auto malfunctions
One/Two hand shooting techniques
Linear/Lateral Movement
Target Recognition
Verbal Commands
Magazine changes/reloads while shooting
Shooting from Retention
Shooting from Standing, Kneeling & Prone Positions
Reinforcement of Basic Handgun Skills & Safety

Cost of the class is $150.00. You may register online at http://www.ProactiveShooters.com

Re: Defensive Handgun I class - Doswell, Va. Sunday, July 22

Posted: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 11:38:08
by m4a1mustang
I'm not signing up for this one, but probably for the one in August/Sept. Do we still need to bring a light jacket. I'm sure it's hot down there in August. ;)

Re: Defensive Handgun I class - Doswell, Va. Sunday, July 22

Posted: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 12:35:18
by ProShooter
m4a1mustang wrote:I'm not signing up for this one, but probably for the one in August/Sept. Do we still need to bring a light jacket. I'm sure it's hot down there in August. ;)
The jacket is required for the "drawing from concealment" drill....so yes, its still required! :)

Re: Defensive Handgun I class - Doswell, Va. Sunday, July 22

Posted: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 13:04:58
by m4a1mustang
10-4, that's what I figured. Just be warned I turn into a diva when I get hot. Hopefully you've got some Snickers on hand.

OK, lame, I know. :clap:

Re: Defensive Handgun I class - Doswell, Va. Sunday, July 22

Posted: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 13:08:46
by ProShooter
m4a1mustang wrote:10-4, that's what I figured. Just be warned I turn into a diva when I get hot. Hopefully you've got some Snickers on hand.

OK, lame, I know. :clap:
There's a 7-11 nearby, we can make a candy run! :)

Re: Defensive Handgun I class - Doswell, Va. Sunday, July 22

Posted: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 13:15:03
by m4a1mustang
:first:

Good deal. Talked my SO into taking the class with me so we'll register for either August or September shortly. :thumbsup:

Re: Defensive Handgun I class - Doswell, Va. Sunday, July 22

Posted: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 13:58:00
by ProShooter
m4a1mustang wrote::first:

Good deal. Talked my SO into taking the class with me so we'll register for either August or September shortly. :thumbsup:
Very good....we'll see you then!

Re: Defensive Handgun I class - Doswell, Va. Sunday, July 22

Posted: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 00:09:12
by Mindflayer
What experience requirement? I'd like to take this with my fiancée.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Re: Defensive Handgun I class - Doswell, Va. Sunday, July 22

Posted: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:04:12
by ProShooter
Mindflayer wrote:What experience requirement? I'd like to take this with my fiancée.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

You should be fairly well familiar with your semi-auto handgun. You should have a good, basic understanding of the fundamentals of shooting and firearms safety.....

This is not a basic "teach you how to stand, hold your gun, align your sights, etc" class. We do make some evaluations and minor tweaks in student's fundamentals if we see something that could be done better/safer.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Jim