Page 1 of 1
SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Posted: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 21:20:07
by scrubber3

- ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340845918.956263.jpg (19.9 KiB) Viewed 5646 times

- ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340845934.453395.jpg (20.68 KiB) Viewed 5647 times

- ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340845952.216103.jpg (21.7 KiB) Viewed 5647 times
She's a beaut isn't she. Figured I throw my Glock 30 .45 up there with my KA-BAR. Yes sir, 7.62x54 (.308) worth of nasty in the best SOCOM platform available. Figured since I already had an AR put together I'd grab my dream rifle. The fiancé got the AR (LRB M15). So what you see here is my combat load out. I do have a Mosin just in case I need a paddle and a handheld cannon though.
Happy doesn't begin to describe what I am.

. I'll post range results a pics soon.
Re: SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Posted: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 08:59:22
by grumpyMSG

Your gonna try to feed it7.62x54?

? I think your Moisin Nagant is going to be pissed you are giving it's food away.

I do belive you mean 7.62x51. It is a very nice Shootin' Iron.
Re: SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Posted: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 09:04:22
by FiremanBob
Feeding that long Russian round into your SCAR will make a big kaboom. I don't want to be there when it happens.
SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Posted: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 09:31:26
by scrubber3
Darn.... Typo guys, come on it would never chamber anyway. On that note, I will be picking up much ammo this weekend at the GS. .308 of course.

7.62x51 (51!)
Re: SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Posted: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 11:31:52
by bryanrheem
love it!
Re: SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Posted: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 16:22:07
by FredVegas
Fantastic rifle. Congrats!
SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Posted: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 22:59:22
by scrubber3
Thank guys. I'll try to get to the range by Tuesday.
Re: SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Posted: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 11:14:17
by Wolvee
Very nice! Congrats. How is the magazine suppy right now? Did they ever start shipping?
Re: SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Posted: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 17:52:21
by gunderwood
Nig rig. Congrats.
SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Posted: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 23:58:33
by scrubber3
It's hit or miss with the magazines right now. I've got 2 on order that will be here in the next couple days. By the end of the weekend, I should have four more.

SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Posted: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 11:32:24
by scrubber3
Still haven't made it to the range.... I did manage to get my hands on 8 more magazines though.
It looks like tomorrow might be a good day for the range since it may be under 100*.
Re: SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Posted: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 12:56:33
by KaosDad
Re: SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Posted: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 14:41:00
by Jamie
Nice evil rifle.
Re: SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Posted: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 17:16:49
by kanata67
nice. I picked up my dream 308 recently as well. Fired 6 rounds through it on the 4th when the neighbors wouldn't worry to much about the sound of me shooting my old x-box 360 and cleaning the barrel after each round. It still needs to be scoped but just having the rifle of your dreams makes everything else seem not that pressing... once you have ammo of course.
SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Posted: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 20:39:49
by scrubber3
kanata67 wrote:nice. I picked up my dream 308 recently as well. Fired 6 rounds through it on the 4th when the neighbors wouldn't worry to much about the sound of me shooting my old x-box 360 and cleaning the barrel after each round. It still needs to be scoped but just having the rifle of your dreams makes everything else seem not that pressing... once you have ammo of course.
Awesome bro, I suppose you have a thread on it so I'll go look at that. I've got several hundred rounds on its way right now. Hopefully be here by Wednesday. I'm finally going to the range this Monday or Tuesday. I'll be using the range ammo of course.
I'll throw some more pictures of my SCAR up soon.
SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Posted: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 20:47:39
by scrubber3
Okay, couldn't find the thread..l. So what is it? We need pictures! Link to a thread?
SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Posted: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 21:35:26
by scrubber3
Range was today. Rifle performed flawlessly through 120 rounds. Due to the design of the carrier and piston, cleaning wasn't even really needed but I did it anyway. Especially for the barrel. Kick was just over what a AR 5.56 would give you. Since my SCAR is the heavy(7.62), it's a welcome advantage. The compensator isn't very nice to those on the sides of you. The blast actually puts my Mosin to shame. It does great with keeping the rifle down in line for the next shot. Rapid fire was as fast as I could pull the trigger. Actually so fast that the RSO yelled at me. I didn't know we couldn't shoot fast there. It could have had something to do with the compensator though. Lol
Overall I was extremely impressed with the SCAR17s and it's worth every penny. Ease of takedown, ease of barrel changing, ability to stay on target, ergonomics, sights, and power make this my favorite rifle of all time. IMHO it's the best assault rifle available today. After all, you can't argue with SOCOM.

pictures to come.....
Oh yeah, accuracy is insane. Used the same hole with multiple bullets at 50 yds even with iron sights. 5 round shot groups at .75 inches on average at 50 yds.
Re: SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Posted: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 17:36:54
by scrubber3