Has anyone heard about this H.R.45?

Contact your Federal or State Representative and Delegates. Send them an email and let them know that you want them to fight for your Second Amendment Rights.
Forum rules
Gun related political postings are welcome here. If it's not firearm related, please don't post it.
Post Reply
User avatar
BlueTiki
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 240
Joined: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 18:49:52
Location: Woodbridge

Has anyone heard about this H.R.45?

Post by BlueTiki »

I was just e-mailed by a friend about this and I'm not sure what to make of it but it looks like it could be bad if passed.
Its called the HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009.

The email goes like this and please forgive the misspellings and poor grammar. I didn't type it, I'm just re-posting.
WELL, HERE IT COMES!!!!
Date: Monday, April 13, 2009, 9:02 PM
HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009
Please send this to everybody on your list... this is Obama gun control by secrecy.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House.
This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.
We just learned yesterday about this on the Peter Boyles radio program.
Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because it is flying under the radar.
To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.


Basically this "little" piece of legislation would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

.It is registered
.You are fingerprinted
.You supply a current Driver's License
.You supply your Social Security #
.You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing
.Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25
- Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Guns must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.

The Government would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this..
http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text

It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along.
FAILURE TO DO SO AT YOUR PERIL!

Any hunters in your family - pass this along.

Peter Boyles is on this and having guests. Listen to him on KHOW 630 a.m. in the morning.

He suggests the best way to fight this is to tell all your friends about it and "spring into action".
Also he suggests we all join a pro-gun group like the Colorado Rifle Association, hunting associations, gun clubs JPFO (JEWS FOR THE PRESERVATION OF FIREARMS OWNERSHIP) and especially the GOA and NRA..

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.


YOU MAY NOT OWN OR EVEN LIKE GUNS, but if you LOVE FREEDOM, YOU better get involved NOW!!!

TOMORROW YOU MAY NOT HAVE AN OPTION.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.



The Second Amendment... . America's original homeland security
Here is the link that was in the email and I'm really not sure of all the legal info in it but I know a few of you here speak it well.
http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text

What do you all make of this? Thoughts?? Views??
Image
Moccasin

Re: Has anyone heard about this H.R.45?

Post by Moccasin »

This isn't the first time that Rush has introduced that crap. He tried it a year ago in the 110th Congress and possibly even earlier. It died in committee. I wouldn't worry too much about it now, if it ever makes it out of committee then it could be a problem. I'm sure NRA, GOA, VCDL, and others will let us know when it is close to becoming a threat.
User avatar
BlueTiki
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 240
Joined: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 18:49:52
Location: Woodbridge

Re: Has anyone heard about this H.R.45?

Post by BlueTiki »

Thanks for the fast response Moccasin. I knew I posted here for a reason. You guys are great!
Image
User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA

Re: Has anyone heard about this H.R.45?

Post by zephyp »

Heres the run down on HR.45 introduced by Rush. No cosponsors and it has been sitting in a subcommittee since Feb where it will most likely stay. I keep an eye on most of the gun bills proposed and many of them are just like this one - stuck in the system.

Introduced 1/6/2009:
Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.

2/9/2009:
Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image
User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA

Re: Has anyone heard about this H.R.45?

Post by zephyp »

Btw, if you want to watch too go to the congressional web site Thomas (link below). You can search for bills with the term "firearms" or enter the number from the main page. There are a bunch and as I previously stated most hung up somewhere in committee. Once you select one you can look at specific information like Congressional Actions to see what's going on with it.

http://thomas.loc.gov/
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image
User avatar
VBshooter
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 3851
Joined: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:14:27
Location: Virginia Beach

Re: Has anyone heard about this H.R.45?

Post by VBshooter »

Rush is one of those Illinois dipshi%s who figured the Democrats have the majority, Their man was in the White House, what better time to submit his piece of Orwellian crap, Wouldn;t expect anything less from that pinhead, Fortunately cooler heads prevailed and HR45 is dead.Rush is still involved with the 'New " Black Panther Party and as politician he;s a joke,
Image "Not to worry, I got this !!! " "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John Parker
User avatar
BlueTiki
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 240
Joined: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 18:49:52
Location: Woodbridge

Re: Has anyone heard about this H.R.45?

Post by BlueTiki »

Thanks very much for the info guys. I was concerned with the information that was in the email, but I've been getting silly emails long enough to know I shouldn't believe everything I read as its presented. This is why I asked here. I have been browsing these forums enough to know there are some darn smart cookies here and if asked I'd get good reliable information. At least enough for me to better form an opinion.

I try not to fly off the handle to quickly on things like this but I also don't want to see our rights stepped on! So I thank you all again.

By the way Zephyp, thanks for the link. I will check it out. If I have questions on any of it, I'll come here first.
Image
User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA

Re: Has anyone heard about this H.R.45?

Post by zephyp »

No prob, Tiki. There are some other interesting sites too.

Open secrets is an authoritative site showing money flow for lobbyist and elections. You can drill down in it to see who's giving money to congress to support or be against anything including 2A issues. Select Influence and Lobbying then Industries. You can then select Gun Rights of Gun Control in the menu box middle of the page.

http://www.opensecrets.org/

Legistorm is another authoritative site that shows salaries and budgets for congressmen and their staff. Also their financial disclosures and tax returns which is public domain. You have to register to see all that - and its free.

http://www.legistorm.com/

Knowledge is power. Pass it on and have fun.
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image
User avatar
lonestarag
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:39:00
Location: Arlington

Re: Has anyone heard about this H.R.45?

Post by lonestarag »

This crap legislation isn't going anywhere for sure. But it must be watched. This bill is written to essentially ban private sales -- or as the liberals say ... "close the gun show 'loophole'".

The lastest string of senate votes has come back 55+ in our favor. Of course you goota keep an eye out at all times....
User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA

Re: Has anyone heard about this H.R.45?

Post by zephyp »

Yup its been sitting in subcommittee since Feb and we do watch these things.
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image
Post Reply

Return to “Virginia and National Politics (Firearm Related Only)”