Page 1 of 1
CSA Checking / Destroying Ammo!
Posted: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 10:05:38
by snatale42
I got off to a rocky start with Colonial Shooting Academy with all the info the wanted, but got over it because the range is awesome and you can shoot your own ammo. UNTIL I brought in my Saiga to shoot. For those who don't know they want to physically "check" all your ammo you plan on shooting. Well, this is how they "checked" mine!
A little much, don't you think? I kept it for future visits. But if that doesn't fly me and this place are going to have a problem unless there willing to replace the rounds they cut on me. They just looked at pistol ammo so I don't see why this is necessary.
Re: CSA Checking / Destroying Ammo!
Posted: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 13:38:05
by OakRidgeStars
I guess no one had a magnet on them?

Re: CSA Checking / Destroying Ammo!
Posted: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 13:46:58
by snatale42
OakRidgeStars wrote:I guess no one had a magnet on them?

They did, it stuck. But you would think they would have the common sense to know that current production ammo can't be steel core. It was Tula 7.62x39. I can see if it were old as dirt and possibly commie surplus...but brand new stuff?
Re: CSA Checking / Destroying Ammo!
Posted: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 13:52:43
by OakRidgeStars
Common sense isn't as common as you would think.
Re: CSA Checking / Destroying Ammo!
Posted: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 17:07:05
by Palladin
Just ask them to cut a little closer to the nose, with sharper nippers, then you've got poorboy's softpoints!

Re: CSA Checking / Destroying Ammo!
Posted: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 01:08:05
by Diomed
Man, each passing week makes this range less attractive. Which is unfortunate, because it's about ten minutes from my apartment. And air-conditioned (right?), which neither of the outdoor clubs I belong to can claim.
Palladin wrote:Just ask them to cut a little closer to the nose, with sharper nippers, then you've got poorboy's softpoints!

If it doesn't blow out the core, leaving the jacket in the barrel.
Re: CSA Checking / Destroying Ammo!
Posted: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 07:37:33
by allingeneral
I don't think I'd be so much upset about the 50 cents that the round cost me, but I definitely think that their approach seems extremely rude. Did they tell you they were going to cut it, or did they just say "let me see that" and snipped it off without asking?
Re: CSA Checking / Destroying Ammo!
Posted: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 07:45:49
by snatale42
allingeneral wrote:I don't think I'd be so much upset about the 50 cents that the round cost me, but I definitely think that their approach seems extremely rude. Did they tell you they were going to cut it, or did they just say "let me see that" and snipped it off without asking?
They said they would have to cut it, but if going back with the already cut round isn't enough, that's going to be an issue.