Seen this one yet?
Forum rules
Gun related political postings are welcome here. If it's not firearm related, please don't post it.
Gun related political postings are welcome here. If it's not firearm related, please don't post it.
- VBshooter
- VGOF Silver Supporter

- Posts: 3851
- Joined: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:14:27
- Location: Virginia Beach
Seen this one yet?
I just got this from Mr Warner and noticed a new sentence or two, He now states to be a staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment etc: His record is good I will admit but not for appointing judges,AG"s State Department lawyers, And I will bet he approves Miss Sotomayer without a second thought to 80 million gun owners.
Thank you for contacting me about the nomination of Judge Sonia Sotomayor to serve on the United States Supreme Court.
On May 26, 2009 President Obama nominated Judge Sotomayor, who currently sits on the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, to fill the seat being vacated by Justice David Souter. Her nomination was referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee where hearings have been held and a vote on her nomination is expected soon. Judge Sotomayor has an extraordinary personal story and very impressive legal credentials. During the Judiciary Committee hearings held over four days, Judge Sotomayor illustrated that she will be a fair and impartial Supreme Court Justice. Sotomayor's position on Second Amendment rights. In her testimony before the committee, Judge Sotomayor gave no indication that she questions the Supreme Court's decision in District of Columbia v. Heller that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to keep and bear arms and specifically noted that she considers this settled law. As you know, I am a strong proponent of Second Amendment rights and will continue to support these rights as your U.S. Senator. again, thank you for your input and as we move forward in the 111th Congress please continue to be in touch with your opinions and concerns.
Sincerely,
MARK R. WARNER
United States Senator
Thank you for contacting me about the nomination of Judge Sonia Sotomayor to serve on the United States Supreme Court.
On May 26, 2009 President Obama nominated Judge Sotomayor, who currently sits on the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, to fill the seat being vacated by Justice David Souter. Her nomination was referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee where hearings have been held and a vote on her nomination is expected soon. Judge Sotomayor has an extraordinary personal story and very impressive legal credentials. During the Judiciary Committee hearings held over four days, Judge Sotomayor illustrated that she will be a fair and impartial Supreme Court Justice. Sotomayor's position on Second Amendment rights. In her testimony before the committee, Judge Sotomayor gave no indication that she questions the Supreme Court's decision in District of Columbia v. Heller that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to keep and bear arms and specifically noted that she considers this settled law. As you know, I am a strong proponent of Second Amendment rights and will continue to support these rights as your U.S. Senator. again, thank you for your input and as we move forward in the 111th Congress please continue to be in touch with your opinions and concerns.
Sincerely,
MARK R. WARNER
United States Senator
"Not to worry, I got this !!! " "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John ParkerRe: Seen this one yet?
He must have been asleep when Sotomayor was asked questions about the 2nd amendment. 
- VBshooter
- VGOF Silver Supporter

- Posts: 3851
- Joined: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:14:27
- Location: Virginia Beach
Re: Seen this one yet?
And then he was out to lunch when she told Harkin that self defense borders on vigilanteism, It;s strike tree if he does vote for her, Webb is probably gonna cave to , he has on the others ,,Only he;s a bit more subtle in his method,, Don;t say squat and surprise em.
"Not to worry, I got this !!! " "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John Parker- zephyp
- VGOF Platinum Supporter

- Posts: 10207
- Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
- Location: Springfield, VA
Re: Seen this one yet?
As I told them all in a previous letter -- "Your promises mean nothing to me. Show me your sincerity with actions."
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...


-
Moccasin
Re: Seen this one yet?
I received that same one the other day, I deleted it though because it wasn't worth the electrons that trasmitted it. Got one from Webb that was similar, it went the way of Warners.
Re: Seen this one yet?
I got a response from both (actually a double of Webb's, too) Senators concerning the health care reform.
Warner's generated response did say he was against single payer health care, but was for a comprehensive reform.
Doesn't do him near enough to put him near the good side, but atleast we can hope he votes against it.
Warner's generated response did say he was against single payer health care, but was for a comprehensive reform.
Doesn't do him near enough to put him near the good side, but atleast we can hope he votes against it.
- zephyp
- VGOF Platinum Supporter

- Posts: 10207
- Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
- Location: Springfield, VA
Re: Seen this one yet?
I'm still waiting to get a personalized response from one of them. Probably never happen.
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...


- zephyp
- VGOF Platinum Supporter

- Posts: 10207
- Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
- Location: Springfield, VA
Re: Seen this one yet?
Hey, they do claim we are always welcome to visit them too. I been thinking about that one.wbtrunx wrote:Yeah, don't hold your breath on that one, DK.
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...


- zephyp
- VGOF Platinum Supporter

- Posts: 10207
- Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
- Location: Springfield, VA
Re: Seen this one yet?
Sir, you have thrown down the gauntlet. We shall see. We shall soon see.wbtrunx wrote:Yeah, they'll set your appointment for sometime after their term.
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...


