Page 1 of 1

THis will make you mad,

Posted: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 13:56:04
by VBshooter
Take 10 minutes to watch this video and then try to calm yourself down.. It is freaking unbelievable that this crap is tolerated in any city in this country,,


Re: THis will make you mad,

Posted: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:02:16
by herohog
I hope these guys HANG those "Security" people. That is WRONG. This can NOT be allowed to stand! :machinegun:

Re: THis will make you mad,

Posted: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:27:19
by goodoleboy
goodoleboy <---------PISSED

Re: THis will make you mad,

Posted: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:35:19
by baz
very sad, hopefully justice is served

Re: THis will make you mad,

Posted: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:08:22
by Moccasin
Makes me mad that I can't see what's making everyone mad!

Re: THis will make you mad,

Posted: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:31:15
by OakRidgeStars
It's kind of strange that I see this post right after reading about Islamic recruiting in the U.S.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,533 ... latestnews

Re: THis will make you mad,

Posted: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:31:33
by BluemontGlock
it will piss you off to no end , i can assure you of that...

it just goes to show what a bunch of two faced (&%^#$ these poeple are...
they talk out of both sides of their a$$ and expect us to believe them when they spew there garbage...

and if it is sooo- wonderful, why don't you go there...and stay?
oh, what? you mean because they would just shoot you where you stand, with no hesistation, and not give you a chance to spread your putrid idological crap...??? yea..shocking....

and we, as a country are defending these people...?UNBELIEVIBLE!!!

This kind of stuff makes me so pissed...i am going to go clean my grips...

Re: THis will make you mad,

Posted: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:49:09
by herohog
The guys with the camera were guilty on one thing and one thing only: The leader wore a shirt of Christian design.

The "Security" people and the muslems, ALL didn't not want to have their pictures taken. Why?

The "Security" people and the muslems were openly violent and showed disrespect to those who were not muslem. Why?

Re: THis will make you mad,

Posted: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:50:33
by BluemontGlock
I just sent a link to this plus the article above about the recruting efforts in the USA to our rep's asking how do we allow this garbage and then look our verterns in the face???

this is a travesty.

Re: THis will make you mad,

Posted: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 17:37:54
by zephyp
Eliot - good deal. We should all do the same thing. The sad truth is that our government will most likely allow this kind of stuff to continue to happen. This is one reason I keep urging members here on the board to let their reps know when they are dissatisfied with proposed legislation. We must not let up. We cant only address 2A issues. We must petition our legislators on all counts where we feel it will lead towards the destruction of the America as we know and want it to be. Some of my friends tell me "oh, let's just wait and see what happens." If we take that attitude it will indeed be too late.

As for this mess, it is heinous and despicable. I am fairly certain that these guys will get absolutely no where with a court action. I have to share my feelings about this. I exercise every right I can and sometimes fearfully wonder what "lists" it has gotten me placed upon. We had all better stand up now and speak out loudly, clearly, and with one voice that this is indeed America and we will not idly stand by and watch it get sold out.

Re: THis will make you mad,

Posted: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 17:59:00
by wbtrunx
Despicable!
Freedom of speech and religion as long as it's not Christian.
This has been the growing trend for years.

Re: THis will make you mad,

Posted: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 19:54:03
by Moccasin
OakRidgeStars wrote:It's kind of strange that I see this post right after reading about Islamic recruiting in the U.S.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,533 ... latestnews
Interesting they're having it in Chicago, for a couple of reasons. One being no :pistol: . I'll leave the other to the imagination.

Re: THis will make you mad,

Posted: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 20:55:35
by zephyp
The thing that the libtards dont think about is once Islam gets a foot hold here they wont spare anyone - including the libtards. Maybe Chicago will be first.

Re: THis will make you mad,

Posted: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 14:03:24
by jadedone4
Curious....

The event says "Arab Festival:" if the words Christian and Arab were interchanged, would this be a discussion topic?

I do NOT agree with the "security" mutts actions; they were very overzealous; but I do wonder about the "activism" of the camera-crew folks. This was a (whatever locality sanctioned) event where the "Arabs" had a "get-together" for their own - it was then "antagonized" by another group.

If we run a parallel to OC'g and establishments that do not allow (i.e. have signs up) isn't this the samething? Once a private citizen or group designates an area to be "gun-free" we have to respect that decision - don't have patronize the place with our money, but we do have to respect the decision.

I'd honestly expect the same "reaction" from the folks at the Million Man March, if a group of White Supremist decided to show-up. The camera crew in the YouTube film, went to the Arab Festival looking for a fight (if it was one guy with a camera, or a group I'd disagree, but this was a coordinated attempt with multiple cameras for different angles-sights, multiple folks interacting with the Arabs, etc). The Arab folks were on the "external" cameras with commentary of actions (do we know this was not an editted film...? do we know what provactions occured prior - was this part of an organized/coordinated attempt by the camera folks i.e. coordination prior to event, orchestration, etc).

What/how would we respond to an sanctioned OC event (at a local eatery, scheduled and supported by both the establishement owners and legal gun-owners) if a camera crew from some liberal-wonk showed up and wanted to film our wives, children etc; and then insisted on crossing the threshold into the restuarant with cameras rolling to capture folks "OC'g" on film - faces and all? The Arab Security-mutts should have been better trained, informed and contact local police to handle the matter - they were very much "out-strategized" by the camera crew folks; was that intent...?

Once they were told to leave, the camera crew should have done so. Rights flow both ways, and we cannot assert that only "we" deserve them; as far as I can tell there was not indication that there were any 'non-Americans' at this event; they were of Arab descent, apparently had the require licensing/protocols to have an organized event, etc.

When we insult one religion, we insult our own... (no matter how zealous folks become, most if not all religions teach the same core tenents).

Re: THis will make you mad,

Posted: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 14:28:37
by wbtrunx
No matter what the visiting camera crew's intention was, the treatment they received from all the people was inappropriate.
Were it a Christian gathering with Muslim visitors, I would hope the Christians lived their faith out and treated the guests with love.
If you perceive the guest as intending only to pick a fight and not genuinely searching for an answer, by all means tell them that you won't participate.
Now, if the guests got hostile or aggressive, then reasonable measures need to be taken. However, that's different than insisting they turn off the camera before answering any questions.

However, edited or now, I don't believe the camera crew got hostile to a point that they deserved the treatment they got.
Yes, they should have left when asked, but the fact that the gentlemen would not answer questions on camera is ridiculous.
If you want people to know what you want them to do, why hide it from the camera?

Yes again, most religions/faiths have similar core tenants. After all, we were all created by the one, same God of the universe.
However, that certainly does not mean all religions/faiths are the same.

As I posted above, the idea that Freedom of Religion includes all but Christianity continues to grow in popularity.

Re: THis will make you mad,

Posted: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 14:41:41
by VBshooter
If that had been a christian gathering there would have been no objections to cameras,no small army of security thugs intimidating people,and most important No one handing out pamphlets on how to promote terrorism, If they were in any way sincere , they would have answered the questions and that would have been it.That camera crew wasn't doing anything different than any news crew from a major network,, They were physically assaulted several times on a public street and the cops did nothing to stop it or aid them in any way. This kind of activity cannot be tolerated in our society, We have laws that apply to all and not just some,,PC crap be damned . if these people don't like or want to obey our laws they are more thatn welcome to go back to the land they came from.

Re: THis will make you mad,

Posted: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 14:54:19
by zephyp
The problem is simple: Christians are being persecuted here in America - today - and not just on that video. How many times do you hear in the news that either a Christian or a Christian group was told they could not do something. How many? Answer: MANY.

Same question only for Muslims? How many? Answer: NONE.

If I'm wrong, please enlighten me. I truly believe in America and truly believe that ALL men are created equal, but I do not and will not support or condone standing up for the "rights" of Muslims or any other group as long as the rights of Christians are trodden upon.

Now we hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal. And let us not forget our 1st Amendment right to freedom of religion. Tell me that's currently not the case for Christians and I will be forced to wonder whether or not you live in a dark cave without TV, radio, newspapers, or any other contact with the outside world. If it sounds like I'm upset - I AM. And not just over this either. Just one more example of where this country and the sentiment of our citizens in general is heading. This whole mess makes me ill.

</rant>

Re: THis will make you mad,

Posted: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 15:04:30
by herohog
jadedone4, These guys did NOTHING wrong (going by what was shown on the tapes). As to what if the gun grabbers came to a pro-gun rally, that has happened and we were VERY open and inviting as we have NOTHING to hide. I have been to several pro and anti protests and have been filmed and interviewed several times for both TV and print media and I have no issues with that. Why would I be afraid to have my picture taken? Why are these people afraid to have their pictures taken? This is not about attacking another religion, this is about being in an event, OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC, and being attacked simply for filming and asking questions, questions INVITED by the sign posted at the booth in question.

I am afraid you entirely missed the point and what was happening here.

Re: THis will make you mad,

Posted: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 17:27:17
by GS78
I have dial-up, I can't see the video. Im pissed tho, believe me.... :packin:

Re: THis will make you mad,

Posted: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 17:59:52
by meadmkr
I guess I 'll play the devil's advocate..... I guess I've been on the side wearing bright shirts/vests too many times over the years so I take it a little personally. If I EVER SAW another security staff behave like some these folks I would guarantee that he/she would be removed and if possible banned from the event. Similiarly any 'film crew' without credentials would be directed to the event coordinator's tent/office for a discussion. If they are letitimate I'd ask the booth for a representative to have 'their conversation or to answer questions' on neutral ground.

The only people I'm really ticked at are security for their poorly trained "staff" which reacted without respect and restraint. From the looks of the older shorter gentleman hitting the camera multiple times I suspect he was just handed a fluorescent green tshirt and told to direct people around to various booths and restrooms. Poorly trained security staff at best. I'm also curious as to why little apparent police presence at the festival except at the end.

This all being said I also have to question the camera crew's 'possible motives' with at least 1 of them wearing a "cristian motif" shirt. I want to give them the benefit of a doubt but my spidey-sense tells me they WANTED something like this to happen and the fact they had multiple cameras reinforces that.

Semper Fi!
CW