Page 1 of 1
VCDL Alert ,No to Sotomayer
Posted: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 09:13:01
by VBshooter
Time to get off our butts and start flooding the Senators offices
VA-ALERT: Urgent - Email to Oppose Sotomayor
From Philip Van Cleave
Time is short and VCDL has decided that the Supreme Court nomination of Judge Sonia Sotomayor would be bad news for gun owners.
Gun Owners of America's web site has more information and a link to send a pre-written email to Senators Warner and Webb on opposing her nomination:
http://gunowners.org/a052909.htm [At the bottom of this web page is a link to send an email to our Senators]
http://gunowners.org/a062908.htm [More information]
Let's let them hear from us. The Supreme Court's decision on Heller was only by a 5 to 4 margin - thus we need to have as many pro-gun judges as we can get in the Supreme Court!
Re: VCDL Alert ,No to Sotomayer
Posted: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 17:00:28
by zephyp
Here's another thread on this too. I've also posted a draft letter if anyone wants to use it in addition to the VCDL link.
http://vagunforum.net/national-politics ... t1162.html
Re: VCDL Alert ,No to Sotomayer
Posted: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 10:30:34
by zephyp
Fellow gun owners and citizens. The senate hearing for confirmation of Sotomayor begins at 10 AM Monday 13 July, which is tomorrow. If you haven't already done so this may be your last chance to let our senators know how you feel. Use the VCDL link that VBshooter posted above. They've already done the hard work for you. All you have to do is fill in a couple of blanks and click submit. I've also prepared a letter which you can send too (link above). I recommend you do both. Please don't think that your voice does not count. This is only true IF you say nothing to our senators.
Re: VCDL Alert ,No to Sotomayer
Posted: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 10:39:26
by zephyp
Folks I strongly recommend you read this page I got directed to after I sent Warner a note on Sotomayor. He's in her court and will no doubt vote yes unless we all speak up.
http://warner.senate.gov/public/index.c ... 435a71318a
Re: VCDL Alert ,No to Sotomayer
Posted: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 12:13:07
by CCFan
DK,
The link didn't work - I think it's based on your current session and just goes to that page after you submit. So, I wrote (again) and got the page - here's what it says:
Meeting with Sonia Sotomayor
Jun 23, 2009 - 07:22 PM
Associated Image
Senator Warner had a chance to meet with Supreme Court nominee Judge Sonia Sotomayor this afternoon.
After the meeting, Senator Warner sent this update via Twitter:
Engaging/thoughtful conversation w/ Judge Sotomayor. Also shared stories abt law school & made pitch for her to move to VA
ShareThis
Sonia Sotomayor's nomination
May 26, 2009 - 12:47 PM
Photo by jefflphoto/flickr
Senator Warner released the following statement today regarding President Obama's nomination of Judge Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court:
“In nominating Judge Sonia Sotomayor to fill the seat that Justice Souter is vacating, President Obama has selected a woman with an extraordinary personal story and very impressive legal credentials.
"I now look forward to the Senate Judiciary Committee undertaking its confirmation responsibilities, and I anticipate that the Senate will conduct its constitutional responsibility to advise and consent with thoroughness and without delay."
Re: VCDL Alert ,No to Sotomayer
Posted: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 13:02:14
by VBshooter
A mentioned in the past Warner is in Obama's pocket,, Truthfully I think he has presidential aspirations down the road himself.. If he votes yes to Sotomayer it will be strike 3 in my book... Holder, Koh and now Sotomayer,,, is getting Obama's dream team in place,, Webb is still up in the air but he stabbed us in the back on Holder and Koh also.. THe thing that sucks is Webb is in until 2012 and Warner till 2014 ,, Even with strong objection on our part I can almost guarentee Warner votes Yes,, We don't count it seems, I have sent several letters and made calls and its pretty much a done deal . His replies when sent haave been nothing short of political Bullshit! Warner can definitely pile it on and not say a thing in 2 paragraphs,,,However a last minute push from us always has a chance of swaying his vote,,

Re: VCDL Alert ,No to Sotomayer
Posted: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 13:36:29
by zephyp
Thanks, Jason. I didnt check the link after I posted.
Spence - another thing we need to address is this business of czars being appointed by obama. He's up to about 31 now. As we all know these czars do not require confirmation and are essentially immune from congressional oversight. I'm drafting a letter that we can send to congressmen and senators. I'll post that later today in a new thread.
Re: VCDL Alert ,No to Sotomayer
Posted: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 13:45:58
by VBshooter
Damn man, you must have ESP. I have been thinking the same thing,, What worries me is our 2 delinquents not giving a rats patoot about what we want and doing the parties bidding first and foremost,Seems to be their trend,,The only thing either one of them has ever agreed on with me was the National Park Carry and getting the D-Day memorial under the National Parks Authority,,In fact both of them sponsored the bill for that,,,, I do like rattling their cage,, I sometimes think they don;t think we're paying attention but I know for a fact that I am not the only one keeping the score,,,,,Post that baby up and it will be sent and distributed to the ones that will use it,,,
Re: VCDL Alert ,No to Sotomayer
Posted: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 14:23:28
by zephyp
VBshooter wrote:Damn man, you must have ESP. I have been thinking the same thing,, What worries me is our 2 delinquents not giving a rats patoot about what we want and doing the parties bidding first and foremost,Seems to be their trend,,The only thing either one of them has ever agreed on with me was the National Park Carry and getting the D-Day memorial under the National Parks Authority,,In fact both of them sponsored the bill for that,,,, I do like rattling their cage,, I sometimes think they don;t think we're paying attention but I know for a fact that I am not the only one keeping the score,,,,,Post that baby up and it will be sent and distributed to the ones that will use it,,,
Will do. I sometimes wonder if they actually read our mail. I keep getting the same old thing from some of them - canned automatic responses. I sent one earlier today on sotomayor and got a response about 2 minutes later from webb's office - canned of course.