Page 1 of 1
Michael Jackson Memorial
Posted: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 14:28:53
by gfost1
Howdy, Y'all,
FYI, I just counted 14 channels (cox, Hampton Roads) broadcasting the memorial service live. Nothing against the Late Mr. Jackson, but if George W. could have got that kind of media support, we'd be finished with Afghanistan and Iraq, and he'd probably still be president.
Regards,
George
Re: Michael Jackson Memorial
Posted: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 14:43:32
by zephyp
I just counted over 300 channels (Verizon, Alexandria) and there is not one thing about our fallen heroes, those still fighting, or veterans.
To add to my fury about this whole mess, a congresswoman in TX introduced a bill today to recognize Jackson as a "global humanitarian and a noted leader in the fight against worldwide hunger and medical crises" and celebrate the King of Pop as "an accomplished contributor to the worlds of arts and entertainment, scientific advances in the treatment of HIV/AIDS, and global food security."
I sincerely hope my congressman (Connolly) supports this. If he does, it will be the final straw for me. This coupled with their moment of silence last week for jackson has flipped my switch and my fun meter is now pegged. I will devote the remainder of my natural life and every available resource - exhausting every legal and Constitutional means to run him and anyone else supporting it out of office.
Re: Michael Jackson Memorial
Posted: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 00:36:38
by goodoleboy
I'm getting sick and tired of the media glorifying this F-in CHILD MOLESTING PEDOPHILE. He gets caught, twice, in the USA and doesn't get convicted so what does he do? HE RUNS TO THE KIDDIE PORN CAPITAL OF THE WORLD. If I hear one more word about this POS I just may have to do something about it...
Re: Michael Jackson Memorial
Posted: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 06:35:12
by zephyp
Easy, Cody. It's ruffled my skin too, but there's more important things to address. See my previous post. If they pass that resolution we can certainly do something and the best course of action is to petition congress and let them know election day is coming and not soon enough. We also need to keenly focus on the CIFTA treaty. Here's a link to that post in case you missed it.
http://vagunforum.net/national-politics ... t1148.html
Re: Michael Jackson Memorial
Posted: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 12:17:01
by BluemontGlock
jacko gets a big "whatever" from me...He went downhill ever since the cartoon...
somehow the media must get a cut from all the hangers-on trying to get a little slice of the jacko pie...pathetic watching these people and watching them make "his" / those children stand up in front of a bunch fomenting jackson zelots...death, does not a good person make...
Re: Michael Jackson Memorial
Posted: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 13:07:42
by OakRidgeStars
It was entertaining to watch all of the celebrities, with their fake emotions and phony tears, hogging the spotlight at his memorial service. Where were these people when MJ was alive?. Where were they during his three trials for child molestation?. I don't remember anyone standing up and saying how he affected their lives then. They must have all been out to lunch with Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.
Re: Michael Jackson Memorial
Posted: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 00:54:28
by zephyp
Wow. Good ole LA paid $1.4M - yes folks - $1.4 MILLION tax dollars to support this fiasco. I wonder where that money came from?
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,530921,00.html
Re: Michael Jackson Memorial
Posted: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 06:03:10
by Moccasin
Maybe a loan against the tax dollars they plan on getting when CA legalizes the sale of marijuana?
Re: Michael Jackson Memorial
Posted: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 15:24:11
by goodoleboy
The entire country needs to go down that path, not just CA...
Re: Michael Jackson Memorial
Posted: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 17:19:31
by zephyp
Moccasin wrote:Maybe a loan against the tax dollars they plan on getting when CA legalizes the sale of marijuana?
Taking a loan against future tax revenue is one of the options on the table for them. IMO that would only delay and prolong the pain. I think we outta let em fail and hope the whole mess slides off into the Pacific.
Re: Michael Jackson Memorial
Posted: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 20:03:21
by Moccasin
zephyp wrote:Taking a loan against future tax revenue is one of the options on the table for them. IMO that would only delay and prolong the pain. I think we outta let em fail and hope the whole mess slides off into the Pacific.
If it would make them fall into the ocean any faster I'd be willing to start chiseling along the state line.
Re: Michael Jackson Memorial
Posted: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 05:26:52
by zephyp
Moccasin wrote:If it would make them fall into the ocean any faster I'd be willing to start chiseling along the state line.
Hey bro, I keep a diddy bag packed and can be ready to leave in 5 minutes!!!!! Any other volunteers????
Re: Michael Jackson Memorial
Posted: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 06:42:58
by zephyp
zephyp wrote:Moccasin wrote:If it would make them fall into the ocean any faster I'd be willing to start chiseling along the state line.
Read this exciting news report posted on FoxNews just this morning. Did you get there ahead of me???
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,531 ... latestnews
Re: Michael Jackson Memorial
Posted: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 07:02:33
by Moccasin
Live from CA, Moccasin is now hammering like hell on the state line.
