Page 1 of 1
Gun Control: Sotomayor and citizen authority
Posted: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 20:29:56
by allingeneral
YES! I LOVE THIS ARTICLE! It's EXACTLY how I feel about government!
As many have said before us - it's up to us to put our representatives to task. Please read the following link:
http://www.examiner.com/x-2323-LA-Gun-R ... -authority
Re: Gun Control: Sotomayor and citizen authority
Posted: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 21:27:20
by zephyp
The examiner posts some good content. They have a program to hire "reporters" from anyone with a talent for writing. I've considered that before. Hmmm...I smell a plan forming.
Re: Gun Control: Sotomayor and citizen authority
Posted: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 22:20:38
by allingeneral
zephyp wrote:The examiner posts some good content. They have a program to hire "reporters" from anyone with a talent for writing. I've considered that before. Hmmm...I smell a plan forming.
I've thought the same thing on several occasions. I just don't think I could keep up with it, personally.
Here are their political openings in DC
http://www.examiner.com/Become_an_Exami ... itionID=10
Re: Gun Control: Sotomayor and citizen authority
Posted: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 22:23:11
by zephyp
They say the average reporter will spend 4-5 hours per week. I dont think there would be much money involved but the exposure could potentially be great.
Re: Gun Control: Sotomayor and citizen authority
Posted: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 22:28:55
by allingeneral
I agree on all counts. Too bad there's already a "DC gun rights examiner". You can create your own topic, but it seems that Examiner requires a lot more information about your topic and your previous writings on that topic when you go that route.
Re: Gun Control: Sotomayor and citizen authority
Posted: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 07:03:47
by zephyp
I looked for the gun rights edition but couldnt find it. They also have outdoorsmen, hunting, and sports. I think I'm going to do a little more research. Not that I have the time, but it might be worth checking out. Could be others here with an interest. VGOF members have quite a bit of knowledge to offer on the subject of guns, gun rights, hunting, equipment, reloading, etc.