Page 1 of 2

Full Body Pat Downs @ the NFL

Posted: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 13:07:57
by totes6
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-wp7243


Who would have thought you would have to get groped to go watch an NFL game??? Glad I have a nice sized tv at home that I can relax in front of. Not having to worry about the long lines to just get into the stadium. The next time the NFL hits up the local government for a hand out, I think I am going to start screaming foul.

Re: Full Body Pat Downs @ the NFL

Posted: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 19:27:58
by thekinetic
Or look at the guy groping you and call unnecessary roughness! :hysterical:

Though if they are going to search you they should have the cheerleaders do it! :enlighten:

Re: Full Body Pat Downs @ the NFL

Posted: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 19:52:11
by steelerfan
Another typical knee-jerk reaction that takes more of our rights away.

Another sad day.

I agree with the easy chair and big screen TV.

Re: Full Body Pat Downs @ the NFL

Posted: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 20:13:29
by Jakeiscrazy
I guess in response to the shooting at the 49's game....... shame.

Re: Full Body Pat Downs @ the NFL

Posted: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 20:23:30
by mamabearCali
You know I am sure this will do wonders for the family friendly stadium environment and attendance. Do they have a financial death wish (as in people saying enough is enough not showing up)--people have little choice about flying. Can't say that about going to a game.

Re: Full Body Pat Downs @ the NFL

Posted: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 01:41:42
by RugerJoe
I second the cheerleaders having pat down duty. That is probably the only way the NFL could avoid losing some customers over this. They might actually gain a few customers. :clap:

Re: Full Body Pat Downs @ the NFL

Posted: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 10:22:49
by OakRidgeStars
If this applies to the players, then I'm all for it. Maybe a criminal background check would be in order too.

Re: Full Body Pat Downs @ the NFL

Posted: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 17:02:28
by Reverenddel
NOPE! If I somehow get tickets? I'd sell them. I'm not giving up my rights for an event in which I have a CHOICE!

Let's see? Big tv? Check. Comfy Futon? Check. Copious amounts of liquor, snacks, and mixers? Check. No chances of a DIP (Drunk In Public), or DUI? CHECK!

Yeah, I'll stay home.

Re: Full Body Pat Downs @ the NFL

Posted: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 17:34:16
by HAPPYBOY
Indeed, no way I am taking my family to a "game" and subjecting them to what is ultimately harassment just to pay $10 a pop for a crappy hot dog and $5 a pop for something to wash the dried up thing down with when I can sit at home, cookout while watching the game and take a wizz in a clean bathroom without getting slobbered over for 3 hours to do it. way to go NFL... :doh:

Re: Full Body Pat Downs @ the NFL

Posted: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 17:44:32
by Radiac
This doesn't surprise me. I've seen it done at concerts the last several years.

Re: Full Body Pat Downs @ the NFL

Posted: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 19:59:36
by Yarddawg
I have to agree with the other sentiments expressed already. Why should I buy a wayyyyyyy overpriced ticket to a game that starts with me getting felt up by some Barney Frank...I mean Barney Fyfe wannabe?

Re: Full Body Pat Downs @ the NFL

Posted: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 20:24:38
by thekinetic
Well really it makes no difference to me as I don't care for football, I'm more of a hockey fan. Go caps! :first:

Re: Full Body Pat Downs @ the NFL

Posted: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 20:21:35
by steelerfan
The problem is the erosion of our rights. If they can pat us down at the NFL game, your Caps game is next. Then the UVa game, then the High School game. Then at the movie theater...you get the picture.

Re: Full Body Pat Downs @ the NFL

Posted: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 07:38:14
by Reverenddel
The day they frisk me at the door of a gun store? I know we're screwed... Flat out.

Re: Full Body Pat Downs @ the NFL

Posted: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 10:07:43
by HAPPYBOY
Reverenddel wrote:The day they frisk me at the door of a gun store? I know we're screwed... Flat out.
LOL, so true indeed.

Re: Full Body Pat Downs @ the NFL

Posted: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 14:44:03
by NRB451
Glad I'm not a sports fan. Although if they start doing this at concerts, I'll have to quit going to those too! This is getting absurd

Re: Full Body Pat Downs @ the NFL

Posted: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 20:29:53
by kerchaulk1972
In the past I wouldn't spend the $$$ for the tickets and food. Now I wouldn't go if the tickets and food were free. Private property, they can do what they want. Just don't expect me to give them any of my money.

Re: Full Body Pat Downs @ the NFL

Posted: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 10:43:56
by Skeptic
I assumed they already did this which is one reason I don't go to NFL games.

Re: Full Body Pat Downs @ the NFL

Posted: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 09:10:54
by frankD
If you get to the game early and get your patdown, you can always yell, "4th and inches!!"

Re: Full Body Pat Downs @ the NFL

Posted: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 20:05:34
by Reverenddel
ROTFLMAO! FOR THE WIN? FRANK!