Page 1 of 1

Where to shoot in southern Virginia?

Posted: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 17:40:22
by CapnBeeb
Are there any proper ranges in southern Virginia, around Charlotte county? The only one I've been recommended was Arrowhead, and it was a skeet only place. I'm after somewhere I can go with a pistol/rifle/shotgun, do some sighting in, plink, target practice, nothing fancy. Bonus points if they've got steel to shoot.

Honestly I'd just be happy with something that isn't invite only/skeet exclusive.

Re: Where to shoot in southern Virginia?

Posted: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 17:52:03
by seeknulfind
Hey CapnBeeb,

Are you sure about Arrowhead? I was going look into this club as it's close to me. This page http://www.arrowheadgunclub.com/range/range.htm seems to suggest it's a lot more than just skeet.

Nottoway has a club too, but they seem to have about the same selection of ranges: http://nottowayshootingsports.com/home

Neither seems to have a shotgun range per se, but that doesn't matter to me as I'm less inclined to practice with shotguns.

Andy

Re: Where to shoot in southern Virginia?

Posted: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 22:00:35
by CapnBeeb
Huh, maybe they added more stuff since I last visited. It was a few years ago. Oddly enough, absolutely nobody was around at the time, either. Should you look into it, I'd be interested in what you find :)

Re: Where to shoot in southern Virginia?

Posted: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 19:23:45
by seeknulfind
CapnBeeb wrote:Huh, maybe they added more stuff since I last visited. It was a few years ago. Oddly enough, absolutely nobody was around at the time, either. Should you look into it, I'd be interested in what you find :)

Since my new home (IF we ever get to move in) should be about 10 minutes away (more or less) I absolutely plan on checking it out. I'll be sure to report back when I do. Although, I'm not exactly sure when that will be.

Andy