Page 1 of 1

Anyone deal in WW1 C&R?

Posted: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 18:10:50
by Kreutz
Mostly interested in German (will probably get a Steyr 95) or British small arms(ideally a Webley revolver .455), maybe someone has had dealings with someone?

Most C&R sites sell Russian Empire or Eastern Bloc stuff it seems.

Re: Anyone deal in WW1 C&R?

Posted: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 18:31:25
by OakRidgeStars

Re: Anyone deal in WW1 C&R?

Posted: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 19:46:44
by Kreutz
LOL, was gonna get the Steyr from there, guess thats it huh? Thanks anyway man.

Re: Anyone deal in WW1 C&R?

Posted: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 00:58:28
by Diomed
Joe Salter

Dennis Kroh

Brian Dick

I have more if those don't get you what you want.

Re: Anyone deal in WW1 C&R?

Posted: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 16:50:14
by Kreutz
Diomed wrote:Joe Salter

Dennis Kroh

Brian Dick

I have more if those don't get you what you want.

Whoa, where'd you find these guys? Will take me awhile to just get through the first one, thanks!!

Re: Anyone deal in WW1 C&R?

Posted: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 21:06:27
by wpoppert
Tidewater Military Traders, aka "Echoes of Glory". Their website (http://classicfirearmsechoesofglory.com/) isn't great, but their store is. It is located in Virginia Beach. They have frequent online auctions as well.

Re: Anyone deal in WW1 C&R?

Posted: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 00:18:59
by Diomed
Kreutz wrote:Whoa, where'd you find these guys?
I've dealt with all three. You have to be careful with Salter and Kroh, at least with British stuff, as they pretty consistently overgrade their wares. They do get some very rare and unusual items, though, which is why I keep tabs on them.

Brian I can recommend unreservedly. His stuff is legit, and if it has any issues, he'll tell you. Usually it doesn't, beyond the usual rebarreling, replacement parts, etc. that are a fact of life for old military guns. (He is a personal friend, so full disclosure.)

If you need more options, let me know. I also have a list of overseas dealers if you're willing to look further afield for something a little more special.

Re: Anyone deal in WW1 C&R?

Posted: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 20:14:17
by kanata67
nice links. Don't forget http://classicarms.us/firearms.htm . Thats where I picked up my m-91 dragoon cheap.